*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Caporegime
I don't think it would survive as a standalone game. BC2 with the vietnam expansion worked well.
I don't understand why they can't do a modern base game and then some historical or future expansions to suit.

The nam expansion for BC2 was a bit kack really, they never even bothered to fix the hitboxes on the helicopters, tanks could down them with ease and miss by a good margin and it still registered as a hit.

Associate
Which was never fixed, it made using helicopters pointless, taking out a large chunk of the gameplay. Was Ok for infantry combat.
I know that but was more talking about the concept of a modern core game and expansions for different eras rather than getting involved in whether or not they were capable of fixing game breaking bugs.

Caporegime
I know that but was more talking about the concept of a modern core game and expansions for different eras rather than getting involved in whether or not they were capable of fixing game breaking bugs.

I'd be happier with a game that was moddable so we could get that type of functionality. Though these days thats unlikely as they never release any tools to do this at the behest of their EA overlords.

Man of Honour
The nam expansion for BC2 was a bit kack really, they never even bothered to fix the hitboxes on the helicopters, tanks could down them with ease and miss by a good margin and it still registered as a hit.

Same with BF4 it never got fixed - you could miss by a huge margin as in it was never even possible for it to connect and still hit a heli or get a dead on shot but somehow miss by a huge margin, etc. - this is why I'm very reluctant to buy a Dice game again.

I also struggle with some strange issue, which happens on all modern Frostbite engine games, where around 1/3rd of players regardless of their latency cause the game to act like I'm 0.5 seconds behind everyone which can rise to as much as 2 seconds if they have high latency (over 200ms). Which is super frustrating and causes me to go from a near 3:1 KDR at any one time to barely make 1:1 KDR the next despite doing the exact same thing on my end :( (very very odd and frustrating bug).

After a lot of messing about I narrowed it down to it somehow being triggered by certain other players - so unfortunately it is almost always present.

Associate
That is one of the problems that I have aswell as in some games my mouse decides to change weapons by itself, normally it is fine, only changing if I lift the mouse and bump it back down.

Man of Honour
That is one of the problems that I have aswell as in some games my mouse decides to change weapons by itself, normally it is fine, only changing if I lift the mouse and bump it back down.

I've had a few instances in BF4 recently - dunno why they've started happening now - where if I'm trying to swap between weapons/equipment quickly I'll end up in a situation where trying to press say my button to swap to defib will result in my gun firing instead - after a second or two it stops happening.

Just so much sloppy underlying code that is "80% and that will do" kind of approached in implementation I never want to give Dice my money again.

Associate
Yesterday I decided to go back to my steam account (not used it in 5yrs) and play cod ghosts multiplayer. What ever possessed me! There was only 30 players in the lobby and in the game were a couple of hackers, uninstalled the game and now trying to find a good fps to try. That being said I did like the pace of the game originally and that you had a more realistic damage to the players unlike in Battlefield where you can shoot someone, use a grenade, AP mine or an incendiary and they can still carry on shooting you with probably a better chance of you getting killed than them.

Soldato
I don't think it would survive as a standalone game. BC2 with the vietnam expansion worked well.
I don't understand why they can't do a modern base game and then some historical or future expansions to suit.

I think it's a pretty fair comment.

I'd only played most of the modern versions of Battlefield (although did have the Vietnam expansion for BFBC2 although don't remember playing much of it), so when i started on BFV, i couldn't really grasp how **** most of the weapons were. I do think modern variants seem to be much easier to use, i've got used to the older weapons now, and appreciate that the gun itself is likely just a cosmetic entity and all aiming/moving aspects will be exactly the same between a modern and old version of the game.

However, as much as there's quite a few maps i'm a big fan of in BFV, i do think i'd prefer a mix of modern and historical.

Soldato
Community servers have now been added to the game.

Jumped on a hardcore one the other night that was a bit brutal. Had things like mini map, and other HUD stuff switched off. Also friendly fire enabled, so was rather tricky to determine who was on your team or not.

Soldato
Very sad to see that DX12 is still broken in this game even after switching to a RTX 3080.

I wanted to try DXR and see what it was al about. Performance is great, but with DX12 I get hitching. The same hitching I used to get on my 1080.

For the last 2 years I've been running this game using DX11 and it is smooth. But I was expecting and hoping that switching GPU would allow me to use DX12.

With GPU memory restriction and future frame rendering on things are better.

Caporegime
Very sad to see that DX12 is still broken in this game even after switching to a RTX 3080.

I wanted to try DXR and see what it was al about. Performance is great, but with DX12 I get hitching. The same hitching I used to get on my 1080.

For the last 2 years I've been running this game using DX11 and it is smooth. But I was expecting and hoping that switching GPU would allow me to use DX12.

Oddly enough I'm not really getting any hitching, though dx12 takes a lot longer to load up than dx11 for whatever reason. Running 4k dlss with dxr on and stays around 60 for the most part, reflections set to medium.

Have to say DLSS is very iffy in image quality, seems to be a very obvious blurring effect on character and vehicle models at a bit of a distance. Its almost like an afterimage following them along. DLSS 2.0 was never implemented (despite this game being the initial poster child for it) so its the inferior first version in use. DLSS in bfv really means Doesn't Look So Sharp.

Also surprised me at how much system ram it used, I'm up around 16 gigs usage when in dx11 it was around 8 or so.

Associate

Limiting the frame rate to 60 helped me but that's not really a solution. (I came from a Vega 64 to 3070). When I let the game try push out as many frames as it can I get hitching and drops periodically too. It was really disappointing tbh.

Back
Top Bottom