*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
Wilder has a punchers chance, Usyk struggled to keep Chisora off him or get his respect so I'd think he has no chance against AJ.
I think any heavyweight would struggle to keep Del-Boy off of them. Pressure fighting and being on your chest is all he knows! (Unless your David Haye and can him him with that beautiful left hook)

I would be surprised but not shocked if Usyk manages to pull it off. His pedigree is there. But I also wont be surprised if AJ just bullies him with size and overwhelms him with the power difference.

It's been ordered by the WBO now. It's not the fight I wanted but it'll be interesting for sure. If AJ manages to come through it I just hope the IBF doesn't then enforce their mandatory shot and an undisputed fight can take place. I don't even care who it is between I just want to see who is the man at heavyweight.

You know what heavyweight needs? One of those super series that Usyk did with the cruiserweight division. Force the top 10 to fight. Last man standing is the king.

Soldato
It's a bit rubbish that on the news just now re Taylor after a few moments all the talk is about Fury and AJ whilst still showing pictures of Taylor!

And then I look at the post's above (inc me tbf!) :/

Associate
It's a bit rubbish that on the news just now re Taylor after a few moments all the talk is about Fury and AJ whilst still showing pictures of Taylor!

And then I look at the post's above (inc me tbf!) :/

Some fighters just aren't promoted as well as others. I don't think Junior Witter got much coverage when he won the WBC title either. Hopefully Taylor can now build his profile because he's already achieved so much

I did think Ramires was schooling him before the knock downs but Taylor was too strong for him

Soldato
I think Fury's management have ducked the fight.

I think Fury would have wanted to fight AJ. But then Eddie is right, watching another video of Fury signing the Wilder contract, he said nothing about AJ.. his management standing next to him smiling, as Fury calls Wilder a "bum". It's starting to come off as a bit of scripted pantomine.

Fury is taking a big risk.

Associate
I don't think Fury's team didn't want a 200 million fight, which they'll take a percent off. They just weren't prepared to pay off Wilder what he wanted. Neither was Fury who all along stated he wouldn't pay Wilder step aside money.

Then again maybe they thought the gravy train can go on longer and the fight will build. It might be worth more in December or 2022. But it'll be worth a whole lot less if Wilder KOs Fury

Permabanned
They have been playing Eddie, AJ and the public all along. No doubt about it. Anyone remember what Chisora said after his fight with Parker? He knew what was what.

If I was Eddie and AJ I’d tell em 60/40 and not a percentage more for all the nonsense they caused.

Soldato
"At the start of the year, all parties involved in the fight - fighters, promoters, managers - all signed a contract as to how the negotiations would take place," said Warren.

"In that agreement there was a clause that made it very clear there was an arbitration situation going on as far as Tyson is concerned - so everyone was aware of it and that we were awaiting the outcome of that.

"There was another clause in there regarding confidentiality and that we would make announcements together, so that we would all be on the same page.

"Within a very short space of time, Eddie Hearn breached that agreement by making announcements.

"Every week there was something, announcements about announcements, the fight is done and so forth.

"That was totally untrue. The fight wasn't done, it wasn't signed and every time I did an interview I just said the truth.

"All these announcements, that were being made on a regular basis by Hearn, I don't think helped and caused a lot of confusion."

Looks to me like Hearn was doing a Hearn and getting well ahead of himself.

Soldato
Having watched both videos :p @omnomnom did you end up watching the first one by the way? It’s clear to me there’s some serious deflection going on by Warren who is a crook and has history with it.

Why do people think Eddie was going about it all the time?

don’t think any side has come out with any credit to be honest. One thing I do know though is if fury gets beat I’ll be howling and I wouldn’t be surprised if he does to to be honest.

edit just checked wilder is 5/2 that’s a tempting bet

Last edited:
Don
Even Fury's dad confirmed Hearn's version of events. Bob Arum stitched everybody up because an AJ/Fury fight in Saudi doesn't work for him. I'm not sure AJ/Fury is a massive fight for the US audience at any time but it's certainly not a big fight at 12 or 1pm in the afternoon. Wilder/Fury at prime time in the US delivers more views in the US and that's what's important to Arum & ESPN.

On another note, the matchroom/DAZN deal is now official. I'm not sure how much DAZN is per month and what offers are going on but you're now going to have to pay an additional x per month to watch all the fights you got included in your Sky sub with the added bonus of all the small PPV shows being thrown in. AJ or any mega fights could still end up on a PPV platform. Sounds like a **** deal for viewers.

Don
@BaZ87 it's 1.99 a month with no tie in so cheap as chips. Just hope it doesn't suddenly turn into a mass of ppv events thrown on top...
Since my post I watched an interview with Hearn and that's an introductory offer until July, it will then increase to "less than you think" according to Hearn.

I can't imagine it'll be less than £5 per month so you'll be paying £60 (or more) per year for the same content you're getting included in your Sky sub now. The only benefit (if that's the right word) is you'll get all* the non Joshua PPV cards but there's only a couple of those per year anyway so even if you're somebody that buys everything, you're still going to be paying more than you are now.

*Hearn hinted that it could be more than just Joshua fights that aren't included too. In the interview I watched he admitted that a matchroom fighter could still end up on PPV if it's not on a matchroom show. So if somebody like Whyte ended up in a major fight vs Fury or Wilder in the future, it's very likely that it will end up on Sky or BT ppv. The only PPV fights we're likely to get in a DAZN sub are the real **** ones than nobody believes are worthy of being PPV.

Back
Top Bottom