*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
Since my post I watched an interview with Hearn and that's an introductory offer until July, it will then increase to "less than you think" according to Hearn.

Ahh handnt realised that! Subbed for the Canelo fight but guessing they'll increase prices even if you've signed up on the introductory offer.

Watch this space then I guess...

Soldato
£9.99 imo

Sky prices really are looking poor now. They’ve lost the champions league, the europa league, la Liga, loads of tennis, WWE, and now the boxing.

Starting to look very poor VFM
The sharks are circling on Skys whole business model.

Netflix, Amazon, Disney+ are eating their lunch when it comes to drama and films.

DAZN and Amazon are coming for the sport and it won't be long before they start seriously knocking on the doors for the Prem. PDC darts is shown on DAZN in other countries already and Eddies the chairman now.

Soldato
DAZN was EUR 9.99 a month in Germany when I was there, but they had vastly more sports than the UK offering. I'm sure it'll land there or thereabouts once they get more stuff on board.

Don
DAZN was EUR 9.99 a month in Germany when I was there, but they had vastly more sports than the UK offering. I'm sure it'll land there or thereabouts once they get more stuff on board.
They need to get some football tv rights (like they have in Germany) before they can push the price up but that could be tricky for them over here. The PL tv deal has just been rolled over until 2025 and BT have the CL rights until 2024. That said, there have been some stories suggesting that BT are looking to sell off part of BT Sport and or take on a partner and in the interview I saw with Hearn he hinted at another announcement soon regarding DAZN partnering with somebody else.

Putting 2 and 2 together, we could see a scenario where BT and DAZN do a deal to share the CL coverage - instead of BT broadcasting all x number of games each game day, they might show 1 or 2 matches themselves with DAZN streaming the other x games each game day.

Caporegime
They need to get some football tv rights (like they have in Germany) before they can push the price up but that could be tricky for them over here. The PL tv deal has just been rolled over until 2025 and BT have the CL rights until 2024. That said, there have been some stories suggesting that BT are looking to sell off part of BT Sport and or take on a partner and in the interview I saw with Hearn he hinted at another announcement soon regarding DAZN partnering with somebody else.

Putting 2 and 2 together, we could see a scenario where BT and DAZN do a deal to share the CL coverage - instead of BT broadcasting all x number of games each game day, they might show 1 or 2 matches themselves with DAZN streaming the other x games each game day.
It might not seem a big draw to you, but there’s a massive amount of darts fans in the UK. Hearn has now taken over as the boss from his dad. I could see him possibly bringing that over. Maybe even a fair bit of snooker. Traditional British sports are the sort of thing that could reel in plenty of UK subscribers.

Don
It might not seem a big draw to you, but there’s a massive amount of darts fans in the UK. Hearn has now taken over as the boss from his dad. I could see him possibly bringing that over. Maybe even a fair bit of snooker.
Relatively speaking darts and even boxing fans (ones that would specifically pay to watch darts/boxing) are tiny compared to football. DAZN won't be able to have a business, longterm, in the UK without getting some football rights. The PL is what made Sky what it is and what allowed them to grow into other markets and it's the one thing they'll fight to the death for because they know, they can lose other sports rights, they can even lose other football rights but it's the PL rights that account for 99% of all their sports subscriptions. Similarly with BT Sports - without the PL and CL games next to nobody is subscribing to BT Sport, certainly not for any meaningful amount of money.

Soldato
Intrigued to just watch Mayweather outboxing the bigger guy whilst he's swinging wildly trying to land the one big shot. Got to give it to Logan though, he's got himself into incredible shape. Never seen him fight before but seen Mayweather fight many times, he'll be cautious as always early on. Since there are no judges, Logan would probably consider it a victory if he simply lasts the full 8 round.

Soldato
Took the payday imo. Did what he had to do and very little more given the size difference. Probably gave the first two rounds away, bossed the rest of it. Fair play to Paul going the distance though.

Soldato
The size difference was ridiculous, the fight panned out exactly as expected, you could see the boxer vs the one who now has had a reality check. If Logan fights a boxer his own size it's lights out for him but the sheer size difference tonight meant he could survive and credit to him for lasting 8 rounds. Many in here were saying Floyd would KO him in 1 round, back when this fight got announced, nonsense.

Soldato
Mayweather hasn't KO'd anyone in several years - not including the tiny japanese kid in the other exhibition bout. Anyone who thought he would KO someone 2-3 stones heavier than him in round 1 or 2, is the real embarrassment. They know nothing about boxing.

He's retired yet still making more money from 'boxing' than 99% of active fighters across boxing and mma. More credit to him.

Soldato
Please ^ happen. I'm getting sick of hearing about this Jake Paul clown, he would be laid out clean if he got in with Canelo.
It's not good for business to do that though is it. These are professional boxers that have been at the very top of the sport. This guy is a nobody that is looking to make a buck. Boxing used to be about knocking someone out as quickly as possible and entertainment was a result of that. The problem nowadays is that it's about entertainment first and knocking someone out second. There is no such thing as a Tyson these days.

Back
Top Bottom