*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
I just finished watching the Logan vs Mayweather fight.

I guess Logan won the symbolic victory by going the distance. He still suffers from fatigue, and he still fights the way he did against KSI i.e. no combinations.

I think Mayweather should have been able to stop him, especially as he's a counter puncher and Logan swinging wildly.

The next fight to make is Mayweather vs KSI :D

Soldato
Jake Paul has called out Canelo :p

As much as I'd love to see an actual fighter in their prime do a proper demolition job on Paul, you have to respect his cajones for calling out the P4P #1 when you're literally an amateur boxer. It takes balls to step in the ring at any level. It takes some serious balls to step into the ring with Canelo knowing you don't stand a chance.

Caporegime
Just watched the Dubois highlights, he looked even slower than before. He'd be better off sending his punches by snail mail, would massively improve his speed. He's got nothing in his locker to suggest he'll achieve much more than the likes of Skelton.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've never bought into Dubois. He just reminds me of a less skilled and even more stiff Frank Bruno.

The cynical side of me thinks he was just Frank Warren's solution to the Matchroom AJ and Whyte problem. But he lacks the ability of Joshua and the personality of Whyte. Sure, physically he is a specimen for someone of his age but I'm just not impressed when he's being fed names like Fujimoto. Joyce was his first test and he battered him with a jab.

Soldato
It's not good for business to do that though is it. These are professional boxers that have been at the very top of the sport. This guy is a nobody that is looking to make a buck. Boxing used to be about knocking someone out as quickly as possible and entertainment was a result of that. The problem nowadays is that it's about entertainment first and knocking someone out second. There is no such thing as a Tyson these days.

Sure it's entertaining to see devastating knockouts now and again but pure boxing, the art of hitting and not getting hit, is also very entertaining to many boxing fans.

Soldato
Sure it's entertaining to see devastating knockouts now and again but pure boxing, the art of hitting and not getting hit, is also very entertaining to many boxing fans.
That's kinda what I mean. The art of boxing that includes knock outs. Not these pre arranged winner/loser fan fairs that are forced down our necks. The whole sport has become more corrupt.

Man of Honour
Logan was surprisingly quite good.

Canelo is a bad decision though he would ruin the pair of them at the same time.

Whether a good boxer or not is beyond my ability to say but IMO he looked better than he probably is due to being able to take a punch (to his credit) which made Mayweather play more cautious. Another opponent would have probably punished him for the times he was wide open.

He did show good fight management instincts and was obviously very practised.

Last edited:
Soldato

Agreed. I love a KO as much as the next person but it's the sweet science of being able to hit and not get caught which I love to see.

It's probably why I rewatch Mayweather vs Canelo so much.

Soldato
I've never bought into Dubois. He just reminds me of a less skilled and even more stiff Frank Bruno.

The cynical side of me thinks he was just Frank Warren's solution to the Matchroom AJ and Whyte problem. But he lacks the ability of Joshua and the personality of Whyte. Sure, physically he is a specimen for someone of his age but I'm just not impressed when he's being fed names like Fujimoto. Joyce was his first test and he battered him with a jab.

Can't argue with any of that tbh. Dubois prospects don't really excite me much.

I just finished watching the Logan vs Mayweather fight.

I guess Logan won the symbolic victory by going the distance. He still suffers from fatigue, and he still fights the way he did against KSI i.e. no combinations.

I think Mayweather should have been able to stop him, especially as he's a counter puncher and Logan swinging wildly.

The next fight to make is Mayweather vs KSI :D

It was crap and that’s that’s been nice. There’s journey man boxers would floor these YouTube idiots in no time. They would also be more deserving of the chance.

Back
Top Bottom