The Official Dell 2407WFP thread

Associate
crazyswede said:
What annoys me with my 2405fpw is that when running dvi you can't have vga in a window (PIP) or the other way around. You can only have component and the other inputs in a window. Or have I missed something?

If you've missed something then I have too. ;D

PiP is nice though while I'm waiting for the PS2 to boot.

Associate
I reckon the 2007WFP and 2407WFP will be officially announced/launched at CeBIT 9-15 March, but hopefully some details and specs will leak out before then like with the 3007WFP.

Last edited:
Soldato
I just read the latest widescreen lcd shootout on Tom's. And again very negative like his last review, on the use of the 2405 for gaming (too much smearing) and video (noise). I wonder did he even bother to play any games on this screen before he came out with that ? I know half a dozen people and have read more threads on these and other forums about how decent this panel is for gaming and movies. Sure, some peopl have seen a bit of ghosting and its subjective I guess, but Toms basically said just forget about this panel for gaming as smearing as he puts it, is an issue. I think this sites reviews are getting harder and harder to trust all the time, very often even the exact opposite of the conclusions other websites have reached. Anyone share these sentiments ?

Soldato
THG has not been a good place for any hardware review for a long time.

best of sticking to hardocp, ***** bit-tech and anadtech among others

Soldato
Flanno said:
I just read the latest widescreen lcd shootout on Tom's. And again very negative like his last review, on the use of the 2405 for gaming (too much smearing) and video (noise). I wonder did he even bother to play any games on this screen before he came out with that ? I know half a dozen people and have read more threads on these and other forums about how decent this panel is for gaming and movies. Sure, some peopl have seen a bit of ghosting and its subjective I guess, but Toms basically said just forget about this panel for gaming as smearing as he puts it, is an issue. I think this sites reviews are getting harder and harder to trust all the time, very often even the exact opposite of the conclusions other websites have reached. Anyone share these sentiments ?
Well for DVD they are partially right. But even that can be resolved with Nvidias Purevideo software (which is one of the reason Nvidia developed it in the 1st place).

For gaming Toms is talking pure crap. The 2405 is an amazing TFT. I sit 2ft from mine and have zero smearing,tearing,lag,ghosting or any other defect. 1920x1200 is the native res which I game @ as well so would notice if anything was not perfect.

If however Toms were being dumb and not enabling vsync or setting the brightness/colours too high (maybe high digital vibrance) then you could possibly see some issues.

Check out the 2405 screenies in this thread towards the end page ***.
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17437469

Back
Top Bottom