1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Jase, 12 Feb 2013.

1. Jase

Mobster

The Taken King has officially released

2. ps3ud0

Caporegime

Hasnt been an exclusive for a while now I thought? Didnt the leak confirm that? Guess it could be a timed one...

/necro edit - see the quote below for all the Destiny redeem codes:
    ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited: 10 Sep 2014
  3. Nimdok

Mobster

Isn't Destiny supposed to be a PS3/PS4 game as well? Can't see it putting too much of a damper on Sony's reveal if it is :p

4. Jase

Mobster

5. Nexus

Capodecina

Exclusives are pretty much a thing of the past these days, Publishers make far more money from having it released across all the consoles that are possible. To make something an exclusive, the Console Studios either have to buy out the company or spend a silly amount of money to make it exclusive. The second option just doesn't happen these days, compared to the past when it was quite a common practise, but the games industry was nowhere near as big as it is now.

Perhaps with Bungie though, they have something of a special relationship with Microsoft and may well have been given very early access to the new hardware, as it benefits both companies by having a launch/near launch title which may be fantastic. It would then be on other systems for sure.

6. Nimdok

Mobster

Luckily it looks like it's coming out on both (hopefully at the same time). Still, I'm excited to see what they announce regarding the game. Would be awesome to see some gameplay or hear more about the game itself :D And yeah, going to be dying of anticipation with this and Sony's reveal next week!

7. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Timed exclusive i think, xbox first the ps4 in 2014 maybe

Im excited to see what else bungie can do, i just hope its not too similar to halo, would be nice for them too

8. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

All of the halo team left bungie so I highly doubt it will be that similar.

9. Shamikebab

Capo Crimine

All? I thought some stayed, some went?

10. Aeleys

Soldato

Glad they stuck with a sci-fi game...

11. maxilive

Mobster

I wonder how much of a reveal this will be though. Maybe a short trailer showing of the engine and in-game assets yet none of the gameplay and features are shown/explained? When it was Halo we knew what we were going to be getting (roughly) but a total new IP, we have no idea what type of game this is yet!

With Bungie invited a lot of press to their studios to show off the game though I'm guessing their will be at least some written opinions on what Destiny is like/about.

12. bloodiedathame

Sgarrista

Still love the Marathon games they did, a hark back to those would be immense.

13. Jase

Mobster

Just a bump as a reminder that the Bungie reveal of Destiny will be 10 AM PST (1800 GMT) live on Bungie.net

14. Zhokel

Wise Guy

15. AGD

Soldato

There's nothing on their site...

16. Zhokel

Wise Guy

Destiny's/Bungies site? Site I linked had a 2 minute trailer or so...

The stream Q/A thingy that they are doing now on the site I linked just said it will be on 360 and PS3, but also next gen consoles too apparently although no names specified because they can't say the names of those consoles so that's cool. Apparently no PC too... I think I heard all that correctly xD

17. ikillbears

Mobster

18. K1LLSW1TCH

Caporegime

Their art looks like a cross between Killzone, Halo and Star Wars. :D

19. ikillbears

Mobster

20. Jase

Mobster

I've been watching the IGN stream, really looking forward to this now. The visuals from in game are definitely next-gen.