*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Soldato
Sonny, do you play PVP often? I played a few games earlier and really enjoyed it, so wouldn't mind getting together with a Fireteam of regular players :)

I think I've found my fav PVP gun - An Answering Cord with the stability and unflinching perks. I'm not a great shot, but in a medium range firefight, I always managed to land more shots on my opponent, so it works well :)

Soldato
Possibly a silly question, but what exactly do people spend their Legendary Marks on?

http://destinystatus.com/psn/Sumanji

I'm at 290 Light, so everything I can buy from a the vendors (Zavala, New Monarchy, Vanguard etc.) is no better than what I have, and I would need to put more effort/grinding into getting the Light level up from 280.

The only other option seems to be engrams from the Cryptarch - I've only bought two so far, one of which decoded to a 288 Helmet, and the other a 274 junk gun. So it's a total lottery and a massively overpriced one at that!

So am I missing something, or are these the only options available at my current level? I really want to start doing Nightfall strikes, as I assume this is where the loot starts getting interesting... need to find a good group to run with though!

Cheers,

Su

[edit] Interesting post re. decrypting above 290 Light, here.

Last edited:
Soldato
Possibly a silly question, but what exactly do people spend their Legendary Marks on?

I'm at 290 Light, so everything I can buy from a the vendors (Zavala, New Monarchy, Vanguard etc.) is no better than what I have, and I would need to put more effort/grinding into getting the Light level up from 280.

The only other option seems to be engrams from the Cryptarch - I've only bought two so far, one of which decoded to a 288 Helmet, and the other a 274 junk gun. So it's a total lottery and a massively overpriced one at that!

So am I missing something, or are these the only options available at my current level? I really want to start doing Nightfall strikes, as I assume this is where the loot starts getting interesting... need to find a good group to run with though!

Cheers,

Su

Let me know what you find out reference how to progress from where you are - As I am kind of in the same situation not knowing what to do next.

Caporegime

Cheers,

Su

You are at 290 light now so no point in buying vendor weapons as it will drop lower light weapons and armour. Same with the engrams, don't bother wasting your marks on them...pointless and usually by doing daily heroic, heroic strikes and nf's u tend to get legendary engram drops.

But to now increase your light level, you will have to really start doing some raids. Otherwise you will be stuck at 300-ish light level. Also buy three of coins from Xur when he appears and drop them when you are doing strikes or nf's. You will get armour and weapons which will be the exotic ones but the higher your light is the higher light they will drop otherwise at your level now, they will drop at 280.

Soldato
Only Vendor weapon to buy is the Hung Jury from Dead Orbit if you are with them and high enough rank, after my Touch of Malice was at 320 the Hung jury was the next to get infused and its my main primary through the raid

Soldato
If you're buying from the vendor you don't get a choice as the vendor options never change. However, the vendor version is pretty much the best you can get with Triple Tap and Firefly. Hung Jury is quite easily the best primary weapon in the game IMO.

Looks like I started getting faction rep for them by luck then :) Wonder how far off i am from level 3?

Soldato
When u load your character up, if you scroll to the left at the bottom it will tell you if u hover above each diamond;). It's the screen where you can see all your quests/bounties.

Ah brilliant thanks mate,

I have also just seen that you can check it on the app and apparently i am already rank 3 so hoping to buy it tonight to check it out.

Soldato
Wanna take a pop at a Nightfall strike this evening?

Hmm tonight is not a good night for me as I play football on wednesdays

But happy to try one another night? on Xbox right?

If so: I have a 1 year old so might have to stop for a tad if she wakes - as its my job to settle her - and cant play till she is in bed so usually around 8pm.

Let me know and we can try arrange a night.

Associate
Ah brilliant thanks mate,

I have also just seen that you can check it on the app and apparently i am already rank 3 so hoping to buy it tonight to check it out.

Yeah def do it. Hung Jury is quality. I have it 2 flavours, one with TTap, EXT. Mag and Firefly, the other is the same but with Grandier. I chop and change depending situation. If it comes up with the gunsmith though keep an eye out for Cocytus SR4, basically a higher impact slightly slower RoF version of the HJ. I had it drop with same roll as the vendor HJ and love it too.

Caporegime
Right so yet again Xbox live is having issues, can't seem to get onto destiny. Same ole **** different day lol. Says I have lost connection to destiny servers blah blah, it was only a little while ago I had this same issue.

Slowly but surely Xbox live is now becoming a huge joke.

Caporegime
Sonny, do you play PVP often? I played a few games earlier and really enjoyed it, so wouldn't mind getting together with a Fireteam of regular players :)

I think I've found my fav PVP gun - An Answering Cord with the stability and unflinching perks. I'm not a great shot, but in a medium range firefight, I always managed to land more shots on my opponent, so it works well :)

I do trials mostly every weekend on all 3 characters. I also do iron banner every time it comes around.

I am looking now to solely play pvp as pve has nothing to offer anymore.

Fav weapons for me are suros pdx (pulse from gunsmith), doctrine of passing (trials auto rifle), glass promontory (trials sniper) and mida multi tool.

I usually only use about 6 weapons across all 3 slots others I use are invective, truth and tamarind (trials launcher).

You can join up with us if you want but the guys I play with are ranked 400th and 500th in the world at trials. We have also beaten the number 2 in the world at trials. I am high skill but they are pro level skill wise. I'm about 11-12K in the world

Back
Top Bottom