*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Caporegime
So Xur is in the reef, brilliant if I could get past the ****ing closed door lol. Must have went to orbit 10 times then came back in only for it to be closed. **** knows what bungle have done but I only want some three of coins...

Soldato
So I ran King's Fall for the first time last night. Plenty of wipes but great fun, and we managed to do the Golgoroth challenge.

We stopped after reaching the Oryx checkpoint as it was late. I probably won't be able to get the same group of guys together, so if any OcUK'ers are around tomorrow to join a raid group, I would be very grateful :)

Cheers,

Su

Caporegime
Well last nights raid with a group from the100 went very smooth I have to say. Had the Oryx cp so managed to get a group and we nailed him in the first run. Probably the smoothest run I've ever had on the hard mode.

Tomo is reset day so will be going for the oryx challenge. All I need is the helmet, which will get me past the 317 light level block I've been stuck on for the past mth or so lol. Not really expecting a helmet to drop but one can only hope....damn RNG isn't playing nice for me:p

Associate
Jumped into an oryx checkpoint off lfg.net and surprisingly got it done in the first round with 1 death after 8 bombs. Not interested in the valentines event and there's a rumor posted by vg247 that they will start selling heavy ammo packs for monies soon?

Caporegime
Jumped into an oryx checkpoint off lfg.net and surprisingly got it done in the first round with 1 death after 8 bombs. Not interested in the valentines event and there's a rumor posted by vg247 that they will start selling heavy ammo packs for monies soon?

Yep I read that earlier today as well, lol just lol at bungle and activision trying to sell ammo packs for real money. Thats pretty much the height of desperation for bungle, no way will I be spending any money on buying ammo pack...Ive got enough to last me a lifetime, its about the only thing I spend my glimmer on these days.

Probably wont happen but it wouldnt surprise me if they tried it. As for their ridiculous Valentines day event...not even slightly interested in that. Only thing I do on destiny nowadays is just raid tbh and do the odd strikes, nightfalls and bounties.

Associate
https://www.vg247.com/2016/01/25/bungie-sell-destiny-ammo-packs-real-money-microtransactions/

Grinding for purple ammo packs will soon become a thing of the past, if VG247 sources are to be believed.

Bungie is to sell Destiny ammo packs for real money, a source familiar with the matter has confirmed to VG247.

It’s as yet unknown when the feature will be added to the online shooter.

While it was reaffirmed today, the rumour has existed since early last year alongside claims that no raid would be included in House of Wolves and micro-transactions would be added to Destiny. Both these updates proved to be correct.

Micro-transactions first appeared in Destiny in October, 2015, when players were given the option to buy a new currency, Silver, with real money. Currently, the only pieces of content available for purchase are emotes and Sparrow items from Eververse, a vendor in Destiny’s Tower social hub.

The sale of ammo packs will mark a significant step forward for Bungie and Activision’s approach to Destiny’s micro-transactions, as it will have a direct, if limited, effect on gameplay.

You’ll soon be able to spend your Silver on purple synths, apparently. The most sought after ammo pack by far is Heavy Ammo Synthesis, as Heavy is essential for high-level PvE activities such as raiding. There are currently only three ways to acquire Heavy packs: you can buy them from the Tower gunsmith, Banshee-44, for 950 Glimmer, Destiny’s “free” in-game currency; exotic vendor Xur sells packs of three for one Strange Coin; and Variks, the Reef’s Prison of Elders handler, sells them for 250 Glimmer and a pack of Ether Seeds.

Obviously, play is the only way to build up enough resources to afford the packs at the moment, so adding this specific micro-transaction will circumnavigate the need to spend time in-game to raid.

Associate
Lets not forget heavy ammo packs can be used for Faction rep :) only allowing greater chance of better rolls on weapons

on subject of bungie, i see bungie added SBMM when they said was not true. they also said will only have micro transaction on cosmetic items only,

Last edited:
Soldato
They lie, they will continue too lie. The dude was a completely dick about it too. This is better for you guys, we lied for you cause your too stupid too understand. And if we believe them and no one else knew thats worse, how can we expect them too ever communicate well too us, if there is no communication within the company.

Soldato
I've built up a stockpile of HAS as well, but now that I've started raiding, I imagine I will burn through them pretty quickly (though the cooldown time for using them is quite annoying).

OOI, how insidious have micro transactions become in other MMOs (e.g. WoW). I last played WoW in like 2008, before they were a 'thing'...

Took down Oryx for the first time last night... so satisfying watching his battered corpse drift off towards Saturn :p :D

Soldato
Honestly I tend to use my sniper* far more in the raid than my heavy. If I do use my heavy it usually a sword or HMG which generally gets enough ammo drop from enemies that using a synth isn't required.

*High impact tier such as 1000-Yard Stare or equivalent.

Last edited:
Associate
Honestly I tend to use my sniper* far more in the raid than my heavy. If I do use my heavy it usually a sword or HMG which generally gets enough ammo drop from enemies that using a synth isn't required.

*High impact tier such as 1000-Yard Stare or equivalent.

Yeah, heavy ammo was a necessity for Crota and, to a lesser extent, PoE. In King's Fall it's all about snipers.

Anyway, the rumour was debunked by Bungie on Game Informer.

BTW, looks like an article from DeeJ is imminent: https://twitter.com/DeeJ_BNG/status/691710396298756096

Last edited:
Soldato
They really need to up their game in terms of communication. Keep us (the Destiny community) updated on the state of the game (patches, DLC etc) and be more transparent when it comes to the updates themselves. Whilst the updates themselves won't appease everyone (you never can with such a diverse fan base), they will at least remove any doubt over whether they "lied" or "deceived" or w/e is the current message being bounded about in the Destiny Reddit.

At this point I just want detail on the future of the game. I miss the fun I had in Yr 1 and to an extent TTK (mainly running with you guys on here) and I would love to be able to re-kindle that. The current game is stale (albeit still fun if you mix it up a bit) and desperately needs a QoL improvement.

Soldato
It needs some new major content, I'm sure they're working on some. My life isn't going to end if I play some other games for a while.

Developers should just stop saying anything about their games until the day it's released, it's become a total no-win situation trying to communicate with these reddit communities.

Release detailed plan of what you're planning on doing = get crucified by baying mobs yelling LIES when you have to change something
Release vague plan of what you hope to do = get crucified by baying mobs yelling LIES when they interpret it differently
Say nothing = get crucified by baying mobs because you don't engage with the community

Last edited:
Soldato
Level 40, feels good! Now for hunting down those Legendaries and Exotics. Lots of strikes, raids or whatever they are in this game, I'm still lost.

Just no crucible, cannot play in a team or against people like that.

Back
Top Bottom