*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I agree with the decision to take them out of the game after thinking about it. The devs want us to feel challenged or whatever while fighting and the scrolls provide a ridicuously easy escape route.

Yeah :p, also stops people from opening a town portal, going hostile then running back through and killing unsuspecting players. I think it had a specific name, but can't think of it right now.

Actually come to think of it I believe it got patched but was still possible in some form or another.

Alas though.. I will miss being able to create those blue, glowey spheres of awesomeness. They were so useful, and so Diablo. :D

Soldato
I agree with the decision to take them out of the game after thinking about it. The devs want us to feel challenged or whatever while fighting and the scrolls provide a ridicuously easy escape route.

I can see the reasons... but are they really gonna make up for the severe lack of flexibility? Sure they increased the number of waypoints but no increased number is going to alleviate how insanely tedious it is to walk back through an area you've cleared because you need to go back to town, especially if you need to do so regularly.

I don't know how things will change, but could you honestly imagine playing Diablo 2 without TPs? If they wanted to eliminate escape routes which i can agree with, assuming they balance enemies properly, they could've just prevented you using way points in proximity of enemies or for x time after taking damage. I'll leave the final judgement for when the game is released, but to me it sounds like a very bad idea that is just going to drag things out for no reason.

Associate
I can see the reasons... but are they really gonna make up for the severe lack of flexibility? Sure they increased the number of waypoints but no increased number is going to alleviate how insanely tedious it is to walk back through an area you've cleared because you need to go back to town, especially if you need to do so regularly.

I don't know how things will change, but could you honestly imagine playing Diablo 2 without TPs? If they wanted to eliminate escape routes which i can agree with, assuming they balance enemies properly, they could've just prevented you using way points in proximity of enemies or for x time after taking damage. I'll leave the final judgement for when the game is released, but to me it sounds like a very bad idea that is just going to drag things out for no reason.

The have added new game mechanics to counter the decision to remove the TP's. They felt ( and I agree ) that you had to go back to town way too often in D2 to sell your items so in D3 they are trying to prevent this.

I don't know if you have watched the Crafting video but you can now 'recycle' your items in materials. They materials can then be used at your blacksmith etc and it free's up a huge amount of inventory as the mats are stackable.

There is also the Scroll of Wealth that can be used to sell items away from a vendor.

Soldato
Maybe they should have implemented some kind of pet that runs back to town with your gear and sells it for you, i'm thinking either a cat or a dog. ;)
LOL... are you insinuating the mighty blizzard may be guilty of ripping off other companies ideas and seldom doing anything original themselves? Outrageous! ;)

Soldato
There won't be a release date. They always announce their release date's about two months prior at best.

It will most likely be released next year though :)

Soldato

Gamescon Interview.

Main details:

- You can dye your armour/equipment.
- Waypoints are more frequent.
- New "Scroll of wealth" that allows you to sell items without the need of a vendor.
- RELEASE DATE: "When it's done!"

any idea what that song is at start of vid? sounds like something i might like :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom