*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Spent so many years playing Diablo II when i was younger.

Im guessing at an Autumn 2011 release date for D3.

I just hope theres a lot of loot, as thats where the replay value is for me, i could run Mephisto Hell 100 times in a row looking for stuff and i wouldnt get bored.

Associate
Nearly. New class is the Demon Hunter. Seems to even out the classes.

The whole opening ceremony was kinda underwhelming but I guess they have released 2 games this year and don't really want to talk about release dates and new MMOs.

Plus Diablo 3 is going to have team based PVP.

Associate
The opening ceremy was terrible however the Diablo Gameplay panel was awesome. Lot's of new information and the runes are fantastic.

Associate
Any closer to announcing a release date yet?

No release date, and virtually no chance of one.

Reading the fan sites, the opinion seems to be Blizzard won't release a date until they are sure they can hit it and they won't know that until some way through the beta testing.

If we are really, really lucky they may announce the start of the beta, which would indicate a full release next year instead of 2012, but even then expect a few months of beta testing before a release date is announced. They did it this way for Starcraft II and WoW: Cataclysm.

Associate
Frank Pearce yesterday kind of implied he hates releasing games, especially two in one year. He also added PR and marketing make them announce release dates.
I can only see Diablo 3 coming out late 2011.

Associate
sorry if this has been posted before ..
http://us.media.blizzard.com/blizzard/_downloads/presskits/presskit-d3-blizzcon-2010.zip

In case you missed it, inside this press kit contains a 19 minute gameplay video featuring the Demon Hunter. Good quality as well, running at 1280x720 resolution.

Be warned though, the size of the .zip is 1.2gb. 750mb of that is the gameplay video.

dont even think its HD quality neither. think its 720p, tis highest ive seen on youtube anyway :(

edit, turns out 720p is kinda HD, but i prefer 1080p. :p

Last edited:
Associate
well since someone mentioned not being fussed since the devs left.

Diablo 1 Dev's moved on to make guild wars if im not mistaken, didn't stop D2 from being a great game.

Diablo 2 Dev's moved on to make hellgate:London which flopped but I still say it had potential but they didn't drive it in the right direction quick enough.

So with diablo 3 each project will have a fresh set of developers, so I am not fussed that the D2 developers won't be making it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom