Square Enix Presents - Shows throughout E3 on their own Youtube Channel
Streams: Youtube

Official threads for specific discussions:

Microsoft Xbox One
Sony Playstation 4
Sony Playstation Vita
Nintendo Wii U
Nintendo 3DS

Other streams to be added when available.

Caporegime
Anyone else find it interesting that MSs event is before Sonys, I wonder if Sony will be hedging their bets on certain features/constraints until they see what MS are up to.

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
OP
Anyone else find it interesting that MSs event is before Sonys, I wonder if Sony will be hedging their bets on certain features/constraints until they see what MS are up to.

I always thought they were. Nintendo used to be the first about 9am PT.

Caporegime

Sony's is only 8 hours after Microsoft's so I don't really think there would be enough time to change much, if anything in the keynote. :)

Caporegime
Sony's is only 8 hours after Microsoft's so I don't really think there would be enough time to change much, if anything in the keynote. :)
Easy enough to concoct multiple presentations right now and decide which one to deliver - remember how Sony took E3 when they decided to undercut expectations on PS1 pricing.

Im sure key points like used games policy, pricing and launch windows are fluid enough to allow them to make changeable decisions dependent on what MS do. Dont need to change much at all...

All Im saying is that Sony have it all to lose, they can either follow MS with certain policies/pricing (which is likely) or undercut them - its a nice position to be in, not needing to second guess the competition.

Soldato
Easy enough to concoct multiple presentations right now and decide which one to deliver - remember how Sony took E3 when they decided to undercut expectations on PS1 pricing.

Im sure key points like used games policy, pricing and launch windows are fluid enough to allow them to make changeable decisions dependent on what MS do. Dont need to change much at all...

All Im saying is that Sony have it all to lose, they can either follow MS with certain policies/pricing (which is likely) or undercut them - its a nice position to be in, not needing to second guess the competition.

It may just mean that MS don't reference things like pre owned games etc in the keynote and just concentrate on titles etc. they can talk about the contentious stuff in press briefings later after Sonys keynote.

Caporegime
It may just mean that MS don't reference things like pre owned games etc in the keynote and just concentrate on titles etc. they can talk about the contentious stuff in press briefings later after Sonys keynote.
Fantastic even more indecision and speculation to possibly come then! Man these console launches have been poor, least Sony could give the excuse that in February certain details just hadnt been ironed out, right now both will know damn well how things are going to be done but might just string along the public, its like they hadnt worked out that some decisions they had made werent going to poll well until they announced them. Quite frustrating...

Soldato
Fantastic even more indecision and speculation to possibly come then! Man these console launches have been poor, least Sony could give the excuse that in February certain details just hadnt been ironed out, right now both will know damn well how things are going to be done but might just string along the public, its like they hadnt worked out that some decisions they had made werent going to poll well until they announced them. Quite frustrating...

Agreed, although I suppose now they are in a position over things like preowned games where they want the other to go first so they can then come along with a slightly less restrictive set of options and say "well we didn't want to but Sony/Microsoft has set the expectations with publishers now so we couldn't not do something".

I have to be honest, I'm not a big seller/buyer of used games so for me the decision will in large part depend on the quality of the games shown, exclusives and then anything that I think moves console gaming on in a way that I find interesting. As I mentioned elsewhere, dedicated online servers for games with potentially higher player numbers could be a big attraction for me as I tend to prefer online multiplayer genres for consoles and strategy/single player stuff on the PC.

Soldato
Have SquareEnix not got their own show this year ?

Either way look forward to watching E3. Shame I won't be watching them live. So I will have to avoid tech/gaming websites and forums during it :p

Soldato
OP
Have SquareEnix not got their own show this year ?

Either way look forward to watching E3. Shame I won't be watching them live. So I will have to avoid tech/gaming websites and forums during it :p

Updated.They will be doing different shows throughout E3, available on their youtube channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom