*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Kinda like complaining that your massive Range Rover costs a bomb to run compared to your Honda CG125, innit?

PowerPlay is not about making money. It's about strategy, politics and effecting galactic changes.

It's also completely optional...

Hey, I'm listening - Go for it, dude!!

Please more real world analogies... Next time you will be telling me we can travel faster than light speed and when my ship smashes 3000LY away from home I instantly back in the last space station i was at. Lets not talk about the instant fitting of a new Warp drive.... and stuff we can wash over that......

Optional and paperthin. You can effect galatic change by doing the same thing as everyone did before without PP so good content.

The game is full of far to many holes in both plot and mechanics. Thats the problem. If you can live with them then fair play, but many people particularity those playing since Alpha have watched it go downhill not uphill. Which is a shame.

Soldato
Please more real world analogies...
You have any solutions to present, or is this just more whining...?
If you don't like it, don't play it. It's that easy.

Next time you will be telling me we can travel faster than light speed and when my ship smashes 3000LY away from home I instantly back in the last space station i was at. Lets not talk about the instant fitting of a new Warp drive.... and stuff we can wash over that......
No, let's not wash over it. Let's examine it in detail.
Most of that can be explained as balancing realism with game fun. It takes very little out of gameplay to implement a small financial impact, but would detract horribly if space travel and combat took the weeks it would in reality.

Optional and paperthin. You can effect galatic change by doing the same thing as everyone did before without PP so good content.
But will you get the additional rewards? Will you get the rest of the community as actively engaged? Will you have all the background story elements? Will you get the same level of social interaction on forums like this?

The game is full of far to many holes in both plot and mechanics. Thats the problem. If you can live with them then fair play, but many people particularity those playing since Alpha have watched it go downhill not uphill. Which is a shame.
Come on then - Since you know so much about these things, let's be hearing your ideas and detailed explanations of what the game should be and how it should be implemented...
Because if that's what you went to FD with, that is what their response would be - asking what you DO want and how you want it.

Soldato
Anyone pledged to lavingy duval who wants to do some undermiming together should look at froody clan.

Been with these guys since the game came out real good laugh. Trading / combat / pvp/ pve / exploring always someone on with good knowledge and help.

Anyway back to undermiming winters for a bit

Soldato
I just can't take it anymore.....

I'm 6000LY out towards the core and I can't face another 15hours of jump-honk gameplay just to get there....

I'm gonna turn round, sell my asp, get me a python or a viper and get me some merits.....

Associate

I'm 6000LY out towards the core and I can't face another 15hours of jump-honk gameplay just to get there....

I'm gonna turn round, sell my asp, get me a python or a viper and get me some merits.....

I know how you feel. I'm 15,000ly from SOL and can feel my sanity slipping away! If it wasn't for the distraction of a good audio book I wouldn't have made it this far but I'm not sure if I'll make it to Sgr A* as I keep thinking about the trip back.

Last edited:
Soldato
I know how you feel. I'm 15,000ly from SOL and can feel my sanity slipping away! If it wasn't for the distraction of a good audio book I wouldn't have made it this far but I'm not sure if I'll make it to Sgr A* as I keep thinking about the trip back.

Well, turned round and within the first 1000LY found 2 earth likes.

A few jump-honks later and I'm only about 4k away.

Is the CG for exploration worth it ?

Soldato
You can control it with just about anything, hotas, pedals and head tracking is what you want though as it really ups the immersion :D

Associate

Heh, I'm also just 6k from the core, but I must carry on. If I turn back now I know I'll never come this far out again! Let us know how much you make in selling your scans...

Soldato
As I'm out Exploring I have to say 'Cherry Picking' Planets in a System is now so, so much easier than picking them out from the Nav Panel and hoping you got that Earth-Like/Water World/Terraformable, however the hover-over Info Pop-up on the System Map is now either too big or just needs to be moved up as it covers the next planet in the map so you can't click it which is just an unnecessary annoyance which could be easily fixed.

I've also noticed Water Worlds are now looking completely different both in the actual Systems and on the System Maps, they can vary from a deep metallic looking dark grey to an almost Ammonia World light brown, this has caught me out a few times already, not sure if this was an intended change or a bug that's come in with 1.3. :confused:

Soldato
Heh, I'm also just 6k from the core, but I must carry on. If I turn back now I know I'll never come this far out again! Let us know how much you make in selling your scans...

I had nowhere your stamina - I was 6k from Sol, not 6k from the core.

To be fair you can really zip through jumps with a routine:

Set route

Press J
Throttle to zero
Scoop fuel whilst honking
Turn to new jump desitination full throttle
Flash up system view
Check for interesting planets
If none, then by now your temp will be low enough, press J

About 30 seconds per system

That's 1 Ly per second on average if you don't surface scan planets. So 1000LY takes about 20 minutes so 26,000 to the core would take 8 hours. If you don't stop for any surface scans.

Still too dull for me to spend the time on. People say that ED needs to put mystery into the stars. In reality they have got it just right. They are all basically the same. Different classes of star and random configs of planets.

Finding my first earth like was great - no lights on the dark side though !

Capture1%20%28Small%29.JPG

Associate
For some reason If I venture to a system controlled by a different power and interdict/destroy those enemy ships I don't see any merit in my transactions. If I'm in a crime sweep within my own territory I make 1 merit per kill but I can't seem to hand these merits in at any of my powers stations.

I've watched the videos and I've been reading the powerplay pdf manual but It all seems very vague can someone assist with some insight. Also what is the best way to earn merit thus far?

Soldato

If onlllllyyyyy V1.3 had a space flight/exploration content injection. ie: More interesting things to see/discover...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom