*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Just 3.5k ly to SagA now... One question on the CG as I've never taken part in one.... If I get back in time to sell at Lembava, do I get all the same benefits/cash as selling else where?

Associate
My hope is that there is another race/aliens/whatever waiting to be found.
The space that we populate is tiny in game, lots of places to hide "others"

Soldato
WOW, for anybody buying this game fresh to the series? i dont even know what to say, i have flown around for about 3 hours, lost my 1000 credits in fines and not a clue what to do really.

you tube videos needed

Soldato
WOW, for anybody buying this game fresh to the series? i dont even know what to say, i have flown around for about 3 hours, lost my 1000 credits in fines and not a clue what to do really.

you tube videos needed

Perhaps doing the training before jumping in might help... there is also a link on the launcher to a whole load of tutorial videos.

Associate
Well done !

Now get over to the exploration community goal, sign up and profit.

Signed up and got into top 15% before I left, this trip should guarantee me top 5% by the time it ends. ;)

That's my idea too, just got 1000ly to SagA to go... Is it just me or is the Galaxy Map slowed to a crawl (or is it because I'm close to SagA?) it's taking ages to plot a route....

Yeah it started lagging really badly when I was ~3Kly from Sgr A* and I had to manually plot (or you can wait as it does it eventually) probably because of the star density in the core...Though the last 1000ly plotted almost instantly for some reason.

tbh

tbh

Associate
Is it just me or is the Galaxy Map slowed to a crawl (or is it because I'm close to SagA?) it's taking ages to plot a route....
Go "up" or "down" ~1,000 ly and it should solve your problem; I'm almost directly over the very centre of the core at the moment but have no lag issues because I'm 2k ly "upwards".

Alternatively, you could try this method someone on reddit posted although I've not tried it myself so can't vouch for how effective it is:

http://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/36ast4/psa_routing_near_the_core_almost_instantly/

Soldato
upgraded from a sidey to an eagle - nice wee nimble ship :D added a beam laser and a rail gun thing. Now i hang out at res sites waiting for piratey chaps.

For some reason even though i bind the rail gun to the 2nd fire group when i activate it then press fire it doesnt do anything but i dont want to bind all 3 weapons to 1st fire group as things overheat etc. Love how each ship sound different and handles differently.

They need to get an official trade computer sorted for this game. FD actually mentioned a long time back they were working on it (they stopped someones trade computer mod from being released based on this reason)

Soldato
Not been on much of late but now have my first million in the bank, would have hit it a while back but chucked a load of upgrades on the sidey.
Managed to get caught out once and destroyed the other day but other than that the whole running with no weapons thing has worked so far, only reason I got nailed the other day was the guy managed to take out my thrusters, wanted me to drop my cargo, I said no because I wasnt going anywhere anyways without thrusters, then it took him another 5 minutes to kill me due to shields charging fast enough with all the pips in there rather than engines and weapons :D

Soldato
Not been on much of late but now have my first million in the bank, would have hit it a while back but chucked a load of upgrades on the sidey.
Managed to get caught out once and destroyed the other day but other than that the whole running with no weapons thing has worked so far, only reason I got nailed the other day was the guy managed to take out my thrusters, wanted me to drop my cargo, I said no because I wasnt going anywhere anyways without thrusters, then it took him another 5 minutes to kill me due to shields charging fast enough with all the pips in there rather than engines and weapons :D

You know you can repair systems right?

Soldato
upgraded from a sidey to an eagle - nice wee nimble ship :D added a beam laser and a rail gun thing. Now i hang out at res sites waiting for piratey chaps.

For some reason even though i bind the rail gun to the 2nd fire group when i activate it then press fire it doesnt do anything but i dont want to bind all 3 weapons to 1st fire group as things overheat etc. Love how each ship sound different and handles differently.

They need to get an official trade computer sorted for this game. FD actually mentioned a long time back they were working on it (they stopped someones trade computer mod from being released based on this reason)

Rail guns take a second or so to charge before firing. You have to hold the button, not press it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom