**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
Beneil Dariush looked superb - missing weight for the fight but really impressive.

Chris Weidman just looks like an ex-champ on the way down....yes he won, but nothing suggests to me he's on his way back to the top any time soon.

Derrick Lewis - Just a scary man....ridiculous power in the hands and his ground and pound is relentless when he gets the chance.

Caporegime
Lewis rubs me up the wrong way I can’t stand that stupid celebration he does, with the thumb across the throat as well it’s just cheese personified. Bit like Titos burial celebration, just unnecessary and makes you look a ****

Soldato
Lewis rubs me up the wrong way I can’t stand that stupid celebration he does, with the thumb across the throat as well it’s just cheese personified. Bit like Titos burial celebration, just unnecessary and makes you look a ****

It is awful...wonder why he thinks it's necessary. I think he only just survives the first round as well, he definitely panicked while he was being suffocated.

Soldato
What's everyone's prediction for the Miocic - Cormier trilogy?

I'm picking Stipe to retain, although with it being Cormiers retirement fight I imagine he's going to come in in great shape - knowing that he's only doing a camp / diet for one last time he'll push harder than ever!

Caporegime
I’m going Cormier, IMO he was winning the second fight decisively until Stipe targeted the body. Not sure why DC basically offered zero defence for it but hard to imagine him not plugging that hole in his game.

I know he’s saying he’s retiring but he’s played that line before, he’s always said he’d retire before his 40th yet here we are. If he wins I think he fights again, maybe even a JBJ trilogy fight at HW. If he loses, especially if it’s a clear decision/ko/tko, he may well retire.

Soldato
If he fights with his normal Frankenstein "hands up, reached out" pose then that body shot is going to be there all day long!

a JBJ trilogy fight at HW.

It would seem the only logical fight at that stage should he win, but it's a big risk! If he beats Stipe it could well be argued that he's the greatest HW of all time, taking on JBJ and potentially losing would tarnish that rep, and JBJ is the last person in the world Cormier would want to lose that rep to.

Associate
Both seem like decent guys and fantastic fighters so I don't mind who wins. I would lean towards DC edging out the win as he had looked great in both fights up until the liver shots.

Caporegime
Great looking card this weekend all the way through

DC Vs Stipe
O'Malley Vs Vera
JDS Vs Rozenstruick
Burns Vs Pineda
Dodson Vs Dvalishvili

Big push for O'Malley by the look of it, and I can see why. He has an almost Conor'esque aura around him the way he talks and fights in the cage. Could be a big star.

Soldato
Stipe's looking ripped! I think and hope he'll beat Cormier who has always appeared a bit false to me, like he's trying too hard. JDS should get the win but O'Malley vs Vera will be good, looking forward to seeing how good O'Malley is as that's not an east fight!

Soldato
Cormier who has always appeared a bit false to me, like he's trying too hard.
i used to really dislike DC for the same reason then after hearing more and more interviews/podcasts etc with him i think i decided hes just a very emotional man. highs and lows always to the extreme, so much so that it seems like hes putting it on. Still not really a fan but did feel a bit sorry for him in his post fight interview.

Stipe is the exact opposite. rarely shows any emotion. i doubt he even feels it ! loved his reply of ''tired'' when rogan asked him how it felt to be the greatest UFC heavyweight of all time :p

Soldato
Eye poke wasn't a the deciding factor - Stipe just had a little more about him. 3 excellent fights - props to them both.

I do think Ngannou is next in line and beats Stipe....Jon Jones giving it big chat on twitter but he can't just jump in at HW and expect a title shot right away.

Shame about O'Malley - looks like the same injury from before which is worrying for him.

TWood vs Colby - Not sure who I dislike more....Would love a double KO in that fight for them both to loose!:D

Associate
Great fight and Miocic will go down as one of the great HWs of all time. I was hoping DC would have mixed it up and wrestled a bit more, as in a straight up striking match he will lose 9 times out of 10 against Miocic.

Soldato
Credit where credit is due, Vera caused the injury rather than spontaneous combustion of O'Malley - there's footage out there of the kick which caused it and the immediate after effects.

Miocic and Cormier played out as expected in my view, a more measured approach from DC but with Miocic just having a bit too much for him.

Enjoyed the night of fights :)

Back
Top Bottom