**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Associate
Costa's fights are never dull, but his constant pressure and forward movement is perfect for someone like Adesanya to counter. It would be interesting to see whether Costa can land anything significant.

Caporegime
Adesanya Vs Costa promo courtesy of the UG :p

49CC014A-843F-4EC9-A683-26FBEF64CA1A-3244-0000031E737950A9.jpeg

Associate
Gladly surprised with Pereira gas tank and improved fight IQ, don't think it's championship material, but very entertaining fighter.
Main event didn't disappoint either, I've watching Overeem since his debut in Pride, always a fan.

Caporegime
Decent card tonight

Covington Vs Woodley
Cerrone Vs Price
Chimaev vs Meerschaert
Walker Vs Spann
Dern Vs Markos (meh)
Holland Vs Stewart

Hope Colby finishes Woodley off I'm tired of his crying, he can stick to his awful rap career.

Soldato
Covington should not be given air time after that hate filled rant after the end of his fight.

Pathetic individual - Not helped when the President calls him to say well done. Can't stand the guy - What's all this chat about getting his belt back - He was soundly beaten by Usman - no chance he wins that again.

Woodley just needs to give up - there's nothing there - he's literally lost the last 15 rounds he's fought. Looks like he's just bored, not interested. For his sake I hope he just calls it a day. He's only going one way and that's down the rankings in a hurry.

Khamzat Chimaev looks a monster...

Cowboy - I think his time has come to call it a day.....5 fights without a win (should have lost last night really except for the eye poke points deduction) - Great guy, been a fantastic fighter with a great attitude but needs to have a long hard look at himself now.

Soldato
Woodley just needs to give up - there's nothing there - he's literally lost the last 15 rounds he's fought. Looks like he's just bored, not interested. For his sake I hope he just calls it a day. He's only going one way and that's down the rankings in a hurry

I'd be fully on board with this, putting aside the fact I dislike him on a personal level, at a professional level he's just not there any more. Sure he could stick around as a perennial gate keeper, but he's never going to get in to the top 5 again unless he seriously changes his whole outlook on fighting - he believes himself to be the greatest, but hasn't backed it up in a long time.

I disagree with Cowboy retiring, as I don't think he has the same delusions as Tyron - Cowboy understands he's not going to ever be number 1, but is happy to just be fighting and making bank.

Soldato
Covington should not be given air time after that hate filled rant after the end of his fight.

Pathetic individual - Not helped when the President calls him to say well done. Can't stand the guy - What's all this chat about getting his belt back - He was soundly beaten by Usman - no chance he wins that again.

Woodley just needs to give up - there's nothing there - he's literally lost the last 15 rounds he's fought. Looks like he's just bored, not interested. For his sake I hope he just calls it a day. He's only going one way and that's down the rankings in a hurry.

Khamzat Chimaev looks a monster...

Cowboy - I think his time has come to call it a day.....5 fights without a win (should have lost last night really except for the eye poke points deduction) - Great guy, been a fantastic fighter with a great attitude but needs to have a long hard look at himself now.

I agree with all the above. Woodley seems to be on the decline and has had nothing to offer in his last few fights. I like Cowboy, but he started that fight slowly and I thought he was going to get stopped in the 1st round before he rallied.

Covington I don't like, he's arrogant and nasty, but some will love him for it. I think the UFC hierarchy like that kind of thing as it suits the sports macho image. However, that kind of behaviour, in my opinion, will prevent MMA from appealing to a wider audience.

Worst of all is the eye-pokes. Correct me if I'm wrong but there seems to be a lot more of them lately and its only a matter of time before someone sustains a serious injury or a fight is stopped because of one. The UFC need to do something about it before something happens and they are forced into a rule change!

Associate
When you spend more time on snapchat, instagram, twitter etc it shows you how committed you are to your training and your state of mind as a fighter. That's not to single out Woodley, but so many other guys too.

Caporegime
I'd be fully on board with this, putting aside the fact I dislike him on a personal level, at a professional level he's just not there any more. Sure he could stick around as a perennial gate keeper, but he's never going to get in to the top 5 again unless he seriously changes his whole outlook on fighting - he believes himself to be the greatest, but hasn't backed it up in a long time.

I disagree with Cowboy retiring, as I don't think he has the same delusions as Tyron - Cowboy understands he's not going to ever be number 1, but is happy to just be fighting and making bank.

Yeah at least Cowboy has been competitive in his losses Woodley has lost with a whimper. Considering he was talking WW GOAT status when he was champ it’s pretty laughable.

Soldato
Far to easy for Adesanya - Just literally picked him apart from the start. Costa had nothing - he landed 12 strikes in 9 minutes.....

The only way Adesanya gets beat is a one punch KO - I just don't see anyone in that division that's a threat to him at all. He's only going to beat himself by getting lazy/cocky. His resume is crazy -

Beaten - Costa/Romero/Whittaker/Gastelum/Silva

Błachowicz - Again just blew Reyes away - those rib kicks looked brutal and in the end "polish power" just destroyed Reyes. Would like to see Jones v Błachowicz but Jones will continue with his push for HW division.

Back
Top Bottom