**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Associate
Clinical from Adesanya. Costa's style was always going to be a bad match up against someone like him. I do believe you need a beast of a wrestler/grappler to get a win over Adesanya. Romero was a good candidate (although the less said about their fight the better), but I do find it very strange when olympians hardly use their wrestling skills in their fights. Cormier is similar.

Reyes I was a little surprised with too. I think he was still living off the performance against Jones and got too ahead of himself and looked past Blachowicz.

Soldato
Not really sure what Costa was doing. He was moving well enough at first but it wasn't really a surprise that Adesanya was going to wreck his knee like that. Once his leg stiffened up and mobility was impacted he started getting caught. Needs a better plan if and when there's a rematch.

Soldato
Costa was too cautious or unwilling to do what he normally does, dude just got got taken apart at will from distance with Israel’s big reach advantage. Needed to YOLO it and take risks but ended up just being a punching bag.

LOL @ the guy on r/MMA who said he’d eat 3 cans of asparagus and the juice (his least favourite food ever) if Costa didn’t win... and subsequently has to provide video evidence.

Caporegime
Very surprised Reyes lost but fair play to Blachowicz that was a lovely shot.

Costa reminds me of Romero all muscle and not a whole lot of output. They rely on finishing guys and its like they know they can't go hard for long periods.

Great work by Adesanya absolutely ripping that front leg up, looked a mess by the end.

Soldato
Not really, I know that steroid abuse can cause it but I had a family member who has been dealing with it since they were 12 years old so for me it's not enough to say that he's on something.

Great fight for Adesanya, really though Costa would have given him some more problems.

Cannonier vs Whittaker for the next shot then Khamzat who seems unstoppable...

Soldato
Pubertal gyno is pretty common (estrogen imbalance as a teen when hormones are raging, especially if the young men in question have a bad diet and don’t exercise) and doesn’t go away unless there’s surgery involved... I should know! It popping up as an adult out of the blue in an athlete is always a bit suss, as them messing up their test:estrogen ratios and causing breast-tissue formation isn’t something that’s easily done without some sort of exogenous influence.

Soldato
Big weekend coming up! Who have you got picked?

I really want to see Gaethje dethrone Khabib, and I believe he can do it - smart money however has to be on Khabib.

I feel Whittaker beats Canonnier, Cannonier hasn't fought in over a year now and I can't see that he does anything better than Yoel Romero or Darren Till on the feet, who Whittaker hung with/beat.

Soldato
Big weekend coming up! Who have you got picked?

I really want to see Gaethje dethrone Khabib, and I believe he can do it - smart money however has to be on Khabib.

I feel Whittaker beats Canonnier, Cannonier hasn't fought in over a year now and I can't see that he does anything better than Yoel Romero or Darren Till on the feet, who Whittaker hung with/beat.

Khabib will do his usual....nothing flashy, nothing interesting, just grind out another win....He's pretty boring to watch now.

Saying that - Justin is a top wrestler so I suspect this one will be a bit of a damp squib - I don't see it ending with a huge standup battle.

Volkov v Harris has potential for a good fight.

Back
Top Bottom