**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Caporegime
Pretty solid card this weekend for UFC262, can't decide on Oliveira Vs Chandler it should be a very entertaining fight.

Ferguson is always in a war so that should be a good one Vs Dariush.

Further down the card Burgos Vs Barboza should also be a good one!

Associate
I'm not sure if Oliveira will respect the power from Chandler, but I think Chandler catches him and wins by tko. Oliveira just seems a little too gun ho going forward. Should be a good fight though.

Soldato
I’m feeling a Chandler TKO too, I just feel like he’ll be able win the pressure battle with his movement and knockout threat and have Oliveira going backwards, much like the Hooker fight. Getting stalked down by something with explosive power isn’t a recipe for success. As ever though it’s MMA so all Charles might need is just to catch a stray arm/leg/neck.

At work this weekend so it’s a Sunday morning catch-up job.

Soldato
giphy.gif

Associate
Credit to Oliveira on the comeback, when he was knocked down in the first round I thought it might have been how it the right would end, but his experience showed and instead of trying for a single leg like a lot of fights would instinctively do he went into guard and that I think saved him.

Also I think Ferguson is too tough for his own good, twice now he has been put in nasty looking submissions but refused to tap. Hope he doesn't end up with any long term injuries later in life.

The Burgos Barboza was another good fight, i've never seen such a delayed reaction like that before.

Soldato
Great card, shame the Diaz Edwards match up was moved. I thought Chandler by KO in the first round, close. Shows Olivera's toughness even though I think it should have been Poirier in there with him. I still think it will be as I reckon he'll beat Connor again.
UFC to me still gives full value for money. Always exciting, always unpredictable and every fighter has a chance of success. Just what sport should be. The fact the time difference makes it a midday Sunday start for me makes it all the better!

Caporegime
That Burgos finish was a bit scary, the way he went down my first reaction was 'oh dear that's not good', watching the post fight presser with Dana he's all good thankfully.

Well worth a watch he goes off on Triller and the likes. Standard Dana :p

Soldato
That Ferguson fight was great, amazing grappling, don't know why the booing. I've been laid up with an MCL tear for weeks so watching his knee get wrecked was horrible though :p

Oliveira fight was class too, could have very easily been stopped in the 1st, glad it continued, great celebrations too.

Soldato
Great card, shame the Diaz Edwards match up was moved. I thought Chandler by KO in the first round, close. Shows Olivera's toughness even though I think it should have been Poirier in there with him. I still think it will be as I reckon he'll beat Connor again.
UFC to me still gives full value for money. Always exciting, always unpredictable and every fighter has a chance of success. Just what sport should be. The fact the time difference makes it a midday Sunday start for me makes it all the better!

Watching it back on a channel where Mark Goddard was a guest on the fight companion, when Charles was on the floor he saw - which no-one else did - that he was managing to bob his head around and miss getting any big shots from Chandler. Everyone else was screaming for the ref to call it. If any of those had connected it would have been like the Hooker fight and he wouldn't have got back up and it did look like he was taking damage... but he wasn't. Great defence. Great observation too.

I can see why the UFC booked this fight - it devalues the LW belt if the first champion after Khabib is one of the guys he walked through, so even if Oliveira can't even win his first defence whenever that is, it still feels like this is a clean slate for the division with less of a GOAT ghost hanging over it.

I'm expecting Dustin to win the 3rd fight as well and then it should be his turn for another title shot. The division is stacked and tbh a handful of guys could and probably will be champions over the next few years.

Caporegime
Trouble is they’ve binned off one of the best commentators in Hardy. DC is all “oh my god man” he gets too into it.

The English guy they have on for the European fight cards is good, can’t remember his name though. He’s basically the replacement for Anik who is abysmal.

Last edited:
Soldato
I can see why the UFC booked this fight - it devalues the LW belt if the first champion after Khabib is one of the guys he walked through, so even if Oliveira can't even win his first defence whenever that is, it still feels like this is a clean slate for the division with less of a GOAT ghost hanging over it.

Thats a good point. I think Dustin was more attracted the $ from the Connor rematch than the title. Can't really blame him though as he knows he'll get a shot at it.

On the subject of best commentators it's DC for me. The way he explains what's going on and what each opponent needs to do during the grappling is better than the others by far.

Back
Top Bottom