**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
Decent card last night!

Off the dome:
Izzy's fight as dull as expected - really hope Whittaker can make a middleweight title fight that's not so zzz
Figueirdo seemed to assume he'd get more of the same but Moreno looked even better this time, a well deserved win
Diaz is a joker, would have been the robbery of the year if he'd have taken that at the end after getting pieced up for 5 rounds
Maia should retire

Other stuff:
Was the ref blind in that Craig vs Hill fight? Dudes arm was hanging off for aeons before it got stopped
Was cool to finally see Evloev fight again after it being so long since his last one, 15-0 now
Murphy vs Calderwood was basically 'who fancies winning so they can get murdered live on TV by Valentina?'

Last edited:
Soldato
Yea, that arm break wasn't good. I've never seen that ref before. I'm going to watch the Dana press conference in a bit to see if he has some comments about the ref. Paul Craig needs to be in title contendership now. He's a big guy who knows how to move around fast.

Soldato
I also watched Bellator 260. Good fight card. My favourite Paul Daley lost this time. It seems like people have Pauls number these days by taking him down and avoiding getting in to a fist fight, though Jason Jackson really had have his number in this fight as he was beating Daley to the punch standing up.

I also watched the PFL 4 event mainly to see Claressa Shields, the boxing undisputed womens WBC, WBO, IBF, WBA, and The Ring titles in light middleweight, middleweight and super middleweight division champion, go against Brittney Elkin. On the feet Shields did well. But getting taken down to the ground in rounds 1 and 2, took the shine off. It looked like she was going to lose the fight, especially when she was taken down again in round 3. But somehow she powered out from the ground to flip Elkin over and end up in a position to throw punches. Once in that position she easily brought her heavy hands in to action and the fight was over, Shield wins her first MMA fight.

Caporegime
That Craig Hill fight ending was seriously nasty what the **** is the ref doing? His arm is flapping around and he doesn’t stop the fight immediately…. I mean, even if he gets out of the triangle what’s he going to do?

Leon looked good against Nate until the last minute, Stockton slap then a left straight down the pipe :D Fun fight though and glad Leon won given he’s English!

lol @ Vettori thinking he won that fight? Delusional.... easy fight for Izzy. Not a lot at 185 left for him.

Last edited:
Soldato
Izzy lifts his game to whatever level is needed to win. He probably looked better against Whitaker than he has against anyone else and dominated him. Would expect the same again. The only thing that can beat him in that weight class is complacency.

Ree

Ree

Associate
Chuckled at the Tap, Nap or Snap comment he made. No idea why the referee let it go on and where was he looking. Was that a new ref? Don't think av saw him before.

Soldato
I like Nate, a bit of showboating and hijinks without being disrespectful. He should have won that fight though, letting Edwards recover like that. Would have been a crime though as Edwards dominated the rest of the fight.

Although tbf, Edwards did *really* well to hang on and regain his composure.....staying on his feet while that wobbled was quite a feat.

I appreciate Izzy's skills, he's amazing at not getting hit...but much like Mayweather, I respect the talent, but it's boring as hell to watch.

Moreno fight was great! Pretty solid card all round tbh.

Soldato
UFC 264 coming up Poirier vs. McGregor 3. Saturday night 10th of July.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_264

What did people think of the pre-fight press conference?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wiF6A3cNTw

In my opinion Conor looked weak on his trash talk. Like he was over acting.

After his comments on the ESPN Stephen A interview about not recognising submissions I feel Conor constantly leaves himself open to the ground game.

Do people think Conor is going to win or lose?

Man of Honour
He'll lose, he's way past it now.

Agree on the trash-talking, I don't think he believes his own hype anymore, he just knows he has to try to appear to be supremely confident because that's his thing.

Soldato
It was a strange press conference, he looked like he was a fake conor trying to be classic conor.

Wasn't convincing at all. I don't even think he knew what to do at some points

Associate
Another non McGregor fan here, but he is still a dangerous fighter. Conditioning is going to be his problem again I think as this fight may well last longer than their previous one so on that basis I'll be going with a Poirier win.

Associate
Hard to take Conor seriously now with the recent performances. His shtick is growing old and doesn't appear to have the same mental impact as it used to.

My money would be on a Poirier win.

Back
Top Bottom