**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
He was throwing kicks like an idiot, full power with reckless abandonment with zero setup. Little bit like how weidman threw his, was bound to happen like that.

Literally everything he was projecting ended up happening to him this fight, went for a take down, submission and left on a stretcher.

Dustin was busting him up, had him rocked on the feet and Conor went in for a clinch.

He’s finished at this level, his power seems to be not so godly at this weight and technically he’s far behind the top guys.

Associate
...Dustin was busting him up, had him rocked on the feet and Conor went in for a clinch.

He’s finished at this level, his power seems to be not so godly at this weight and technically he’s far behind the top guys.

This! The top guys know how to neutralise Conor now by taking him to the ground and controlling him in later rounds. Conor tried to control the distance with those kicks and yep being reckless but also a little unlucky to connect with the foot on Dustin's knee. I feel like Dustin was just getting in his stride in the 2nd round before the stoppage. That ground and pound he laid on Conor would have given him some confidence, those elbows were devastating. Not the way either fighter wanted the fight to end but **** happens.

Dustin will probably want a title shot now so we'll see what happens regarding a rematch.

Associate
The sport has really advanced in the last couple of years - Conor is being left behind, a bit like how it did to Ronday Rousey. If they keep wheeling Conor out it'll be a bit sad, but as long as he makes $$ they won't care.

Soldato
Rousey got stopped in her tracks by Holm who was a heavier opponent than the ones she had been throwing around. Rousey went to try and take Holm down and got stopped.

I think the same is true for Conor. He beat Poirier at featherweight. But when he went up in weight he can't beat him.

Caporegime
Conor could still be a beast at 145 but at this point in his career I don't think he's interested in trying to make the weight. He makes millions regardless of the weight, but he'd be more competitive at FW imo.

Soldato
I don't think it's the weight category that's Conor's problem, it's that when he was fighting 2 or 3 times a year, he was focused, he had a mission, he was hungry for it and he did well because of it. He got his 2 belts.

Then he had a 2 year lay off living it up, came back to get schooled by Khabib and then took another 2 years off to enjoy his money before trying this comeback tour.

He's not focused anymore, he's rusty, out of practice and he's too far gone down that path to truly turn it around and deliver the fights he was putting on from 2013 to 2016. That's the crux of it for me, he hasn't been seriously 'in the zone' since 2016.

Associate
Nick and Robbie 2 is happening at UFC 266 by looks of it, av only just noticed this lol.

Crazy, Robbie has lost his last 4 fights and hasn't won since 2017, he always brings it though. It's also been 6 years since the clowning of Anderson Silva !

UFC 265 this weekend. Who's gonna be the new UFC HW interim champ ? I think Gane will pick him apart ala vs Rozenstruik, his movement and composure are something else.

Soldato
Crazy, Robbie has lost his last 4 fights and hasn't won since 2017, he always brings it though. It's also been 6 years since the clowning of Anderson Silva !

UFC 265 this weekend. Who's gonna be the new UFC HW interim champ ? I think Gane will pick him apart ala vs Rozenstruik, his movement and composure are something else.
I think Lewis will knock him clean out :D. I usually buy all the PPVs, not this one though. Its very poor, even worse now that Amanda Nunes 1 minutes worth of work is no longer.

Back
Top Bottom