***** The Official Fifa 12 Thread *****

Soldato
Few screenshots to start things off courtesy of nuts magazine.

fifa2.jpg

fifa1y.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Its a game that there usually is a deal on launch.

Shamikebab - What things do you think need fixed? I think the changes they made from 10-11 were good, I still play it most days and enjoy it, the only real problem I have is a bit of lag now and again.

Caporegime
Shamikebab - What things do you think need fixed? I think the changes they made from 10-11 were good, I still play it most days and enjoy it, the only real problem I have is a bit of lag now and again.

Just lot's of irritations, like how much your own team mates get in your way. They either block your shots (which then counts as an offside because they always seem to stand around offside) or they tackle your own players.

For example if you, controlling one of the strikers ask a winger to go on a run, then you push out wide, instead of the winger cutting inside like they would do in real life they try and run on the same line as you and end up bumbling into your player and you lose the ball.

Psychic blocking needs to change as well, A.I. defenders are ridiculously good at blocking long shots, they're practically telepathic.

Caporegime
Just lot's of irritations, like how much your own team mates get in your way. They either block your shots (which then counts as an offside because they always seem to stand around offside) or they tackle your own players.

For example if you, controlling one of the strikers ask a winger to go on a run, then you push out wide, instead of the winger cutting inside like they would do in real life they try and run on the same line as you and end up bumbling into your player and you lose the ball.

Yes I hate both of those, especially the offside blocking. Usually it's when you've just done something special on the edge of the box, but your strike partner has made a crappy run and then just stands offside in front of you like a retard. Also the bumbling into players things, a lot of the time that happens to me, or two players will go for one ball and neither will back off, they just run into each other or one tackles the other and the opponent gets the ball. Really annoying.

Soldato
OP
Those are all fair enough points, I suppose as long as they are continually improving something I already enjoy it doesnt bother me too much, the crowded box shot irritates me, its almost impossible to score in a crowded box but it obviously does happen in real life more than it does in the game.

Associate
What things would you like to see in fifa12?

I think they miss out some REALLY basic things that would make this game so much better without having to mess around to much with the actual gameplay!

* Subs warming up, I think the last game I remember having this was European Club Soccer on the mega drive in 92.
* When more than one sub takes place, show both running on!
* Ball boys
* Weather changing during match, day to night changes in evening games!
* Champions league licence
* Pitch wear and tear, some tackles should leave making on the grass
* More stadiums, we have been stuck with the same lot for a long time now.

I would imagine they have to ditch Andy Gray?

Soldato
OP
What things would you like to see in fifa12?

I think they miss out some REALLY basic things that would make this game so much better without having to mess around to much with the actual gameplay!

* Subs warming up, I think the last game I remember having this was European Club Soccer on the mega drive in 92.
* When more than one sub takes place, show both running on!
* Ball boys
* Weather changing during match, day to night changes in evening games!
* Champions league licence
* Pitch wear and tear, some tackles should leave making on the grass
* More stadiums, we have been stuck with the same lot for a long time now.

I would imagine they have to ditch Andy Gray?

The other thing about subs that puzzles me, it shows a random player rather than the stats of the guy thats coming off, i never understood why they did that.

Subs warming up would be a great touch as would pitch wear and tear, i fear we might not see that kind of stuff till next gen.

Associate
Subs warming up would be a great touch as would pitch wear and tear, i fear we might not see that kind of stuff till next gen.

I agree, things like this are too much messing about for them now when this generation of consoles will be coming to an end in the not so far future!

I just can see lots of little things that would make the game look and feel better without to much work, come on EA! :D

Soldato
Pitch wear and tear would be awesome. Imagine duffing up your shots because the pitch is all dug up. lol :D

I think the one thing they need to work on the most more than anything right now is the commentating.

Caporegime
Yeah definitely new commentary, new "generic" stadiums and more licensed stadiums, more boot manufacturers and more variety of boot models, subs warming up was a good idea, or throughout the game you can see your benched players jogging around or stretching wearing a training bib/tracksuit top. The career mode needs a big change pauLAW saysI doubt they will bother making drastic changes when there's probably only going to be 2 or 3 more annual FIFA games until the next generation of consoles. I also want them to work on the weather effects, it doesn't work properly right now, the rain for example is terrible. It makes most games absolutely unplayable and it's nothing like that in real life, I'd like to see a slow, medium and fast choice of pitch as well.

Soldato
FIFA 11 was 60% along their engine development road map for this generations FIFA I think. Read an article on it last year that they were adding engine based features year by year so that it didn't just become more teams more kits more stadiums like previous gens were. It's also a Mark of how ambitious they were to overturn pes as the king that they made this big list of in engine stuff to implement at the start of the generation knowing it would take years to fully develop it all.

However I think the major elements are now in and we will only see refinements like better ai positioning etc. One part I have seen them talk about is less cutscenes breaking up the flow of play and sharpening their presentation. From some other scans I've seen there is also a new default camera for this version that is apparently revolutionary.

Can't wait myself it's always a day one purchase for me.

Back
Top Bottom