The Official Football Manager 2010 Thread

Soldato
Out on October 30th 2009.

• Improved Match Engine – improved AI, over 100 new animations in 3D mode, new stadiums and crowds, improved pitch degradations and better lighting make for the most immersive pitch-side experience ever.
  • New User Interface – completely new vibrant look and feel to the game with a light and dark skin to choose from, plus a navigational overhaul. The side menu is replaced by an intuitive tab system which allows you to access all areas of FM 2010 quickly and easily.
  • Tactical Overhaul – a new tactics module makes it much easier to make your team play as you want them to. There are thousands of possible pre-set options and touchline “shout” instructions for making instant changes to your teams playing style. Don’t worry; the old system is still there for people who love their sliders.
  • Match Analysis – a new tool shows you where shots, passes, crosses, headers, tackles, fouls and interceptions have happened for both sides, so you can work out your, and your opponent’s, strengths and weaknesses.
  • New Data Editor – As well as being able to update squads, with the brand new and very easy to use Competition Editor you can now add cups and extra divisions for leagues currently in the game plus completely new competitions.
  • News Center – a subscription based newspaper. Get the news about the football world around you that you want, and not the news you don’t want.
  • Polish – a year of polish, making the game faster, more immersive, more realistic and easier to play with better in game feedback and more advice, delivered in a more user friendly way.
  • Football Manager Handheld 2010 New Features – A brand new skin for the game, improved match engine AI, new unlockable managerial abilities, assistant manager team reports and improved coach and scout reports amongst others.

Should be a good un. Looking forward to the challenge of carrying Man Utd on with the end of the Ronaldo era. :p

SI FM2010 blogs:

FM2010 announcement
How SI decide what features go into a new FM
The data SI collect from FM2010 players and what they do with it

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Can not ****ing wait :D:D:D:D:D:D
Haha. Slightly earlier release this year than I was expecting. That means SI/Sega have got the rest of August then pretty much just September left to get FM10 ready. I think from previous releases FM10 needs to be off to the burning onto discs stage at least 3 weeks before the release date?

This and Windows 7 out :D it will be like christmas for my PC
More like New Year's Day. ;) Drunk and hungover from the night before. :D

Associate
I've been saying this for years but might actually do it this time: thinking of not actually getting the game till the final patch is out (February normally). That way it will be as bug free as its going to get, there will be a good chioce of 3rd party skins and graphics and it will doubt will be cheaper then!

I'm loving my FM2009 save currently to so that should keep me going.

Associate
I'm really looking forward to it :D I had stopped playing FM09 for a little while but started up again recently while waiting for FM10. It's always the same this time of year.

I hope those ME changes make a big difference, the current one is good but definitely feels 'lacking' in places.
Not sure what the new tactics will be like, hopefully it will be good and make things more realistic, but I'm pleased they left the sliders in just in case.

Should be a good un. Looking forward to the challenge of carrying Man Utd on with the end of the Ronaldo era. :p

I set up a new game on 09 with that in mind - I put in a future transfer of Ronaldo to Madrid for £80m in the database (and Kaká and a couple others too) then started a new game. Went on holiday for the first season to get where I wanted to be.

Anyway, my new 4-3-3 team / tactics below is just annihilating everyone :D

--------------Lloris--------------

Brown---Ferdinand---Vidic---Evra

-----------Hargreaves-----------

---------Carrick---Silva---------

----Aguero-Berbatov-Rooney----

Rotation/subs/loan: VDS, Foster, Rafael, Fabio, Evans, Sakho, Kacar, Anderson, Nani, Wilshire, Ljajic, Obertan, Macheda, Welbeck, Owen

Soldato
You had to get the "official" thread in first, didn't you Marc :p

Needless to say, I'll be getting it to carry on the relentless march of Los Cules across Europe. Should be interesting to see how they stack up against the Galacticos Mk II.

Tactical Overhaul – a new tactics module makes it much easier to make your team play as you want them to. There are thousands of possible pre-set options and touchline “shout” instructions for making instant changes to your teams playing style. Don’t worry; the old system is still there for people who love their sliders.

Looking forward to this. Something I've wanted for a while.

Last edited:
Associate
I am looking forward to this. The new additions to the data editor are very pleasing. Creating your own leagues....exciting.

I also like the new look skin.

Associate
Can't wait for the new FM. Been addicted since FM08 when I found the discs in my brothers room and thought I'd give it a go during a boring afternoon. Since then I've wasted days of my life on the game.

Soldato
OP
Can't wait :) Was wondering when we were going to get some news.
Well I think SI will do a drip feed of new features or improvements to the game between now and demo date, which I reckon'll be early to mid October.

I am looking forward to this. The new additions to the data editor are very pleasing. Creating your own leagues....exciting.

I also like the new look skin.
Leagues will be cool. I wouldn't have said it was an urgent priority for the game but I think it'll be a nice feature. Not sure if it means we can edit the existing leagues to give more prize money for winning. As Man Utd invariably do when I play FM. :D

Or if we can't, perhaps we can re-create the Premiership and replace it? :p

Associate
I read this in the big announcement thread over at SI from one of the staff -
Michael Burling at SI said:
You can edit the amount of teams promoted/relegated from leagues in the editor, you can set play-off teams/spots.
So presumably if that is editable then everything else should be (including prize money if you want to cheat :p).

Soldato
Looking forward to the new 3d match engine, the 2009 version sucked... although I 'spose that it could look like Fifa 2010, but I'd still probably watch the dots. Gotta love those little crazy dots.

Soldato
OP
I read this in the big announcement thread over at SI from one of the staff -

So presumably if that is editable then everything else should be (including prize money if you want to cheat :p).
It's not cheating! :o

Looking forward to the new 3d match engine, the 2009 version sucked... although I 'spose that it could look like Fifa 2010, but I'd still probably watch the dots. Gotta love those little crazy dots.
Well FM09's 3D engine was new. This year SI will be able to improve on it and work on it. :)

Associate
Yeah, the 3D engine will look pretty much the same, just with more animations (100+ I think they said) and improvements on the current ones. Probably a lot of changes to the underlying match engine too which will have further effect on the 3D.

It's not cheating! :o

Lol :p

What is your reason for editing the amount of prize money anyway?

Back
Top Bottom