The Official Football Manager 2010 Thread

Caporegime
From Wikipedia:

"The transfer window of a given football association governs only international transfers into that football association. International transfers out of an association are always possible to those associations that have an open window. The transfer window of the association that the player is leaving does not have to be open."

:p

However: According to wikipedia Italy and Spain share the same transfer window dates so I assume it's a bug.

Soldato
Well, 24 hours in and I'm loving the '10 :)

I wasn't too keen on the new layout, at first, but after an hour or so it's pretty much second nature. The default light skin was a wee bit too bright but after switching to the dark side, the bleeding in my eyes has stopped. Everything seems to much more readily accessible from most pages. Clearly some work gone into it. Very impressed.

The increased input from the backroom staff is a great addition. I've already found a few players and staff worth keeping an eye on after their recommendations. Hopefully a feature that might help the FM newbies be slightly less overwhelmed as well.

By far my favourite new feature though, has to be the tactics system. I am an eternal fiddler (stop sniggering at the back, I see you) and the new system is an absolute joy.

Team and player-wise, I wasn't sure about the new look Barca. I've never been a big fan of Ibrahimovic (that said, I never liked Eto'o either). But the boy is playing his socks off. Only found one player that has gone straight into the first eleven: Angel Di María. Attacking left winger, good stats. 21 y/o. Cost me £4.1 and took £10k a week wages (very handy given the Barca wage bill).

Looking like a great game so far. Well done SI :)

Soldato
Had my first go last night as Arsenal. Not managed to sign anyone. I like it. Runs very fluidly there aren't any times where I'm trying to click something and it just won't do it as its processing something.

The tactics system - thank god I don't have to mess around with sliders anymore! Not started very well, drawing 1-1 away with Blackburn, Fulham and Dinamo Moscow, but I've enjoyed it.

Will be starting with my beloved Southampton once the full game comes out. Its definitely going to be purchased, that's for sure.

Associate
Why what problems did you have last year, I never got FM09 in the end, just stuck with 08 and im loving this years installment, demo is awesome and naturally I have pre-ordered my copy, but I would cry if it didn't arrive on time.

i've dont my first half season already and im on my second with Real

Associate
--------------Reina---------------
Johnson---Carra---Agger---Insua--
-------Lucas---Mascherano-------
Kuyt-------Gerrard--------Babel---
--------------Torres--------------

The joy's of having no transfer money :(

Soldato
OP
Why what problems did you have last year, I never got FM09 in the end, just stuck with 08 and im loving this years installment, demo is awesome and naturally I have pre-ordered my copy, but I would cry if it didn't arrive on time.
DDoS attacks on the activation servers. Pretty much meant no-one was able to activate and play the game for the first weekend. Hence SI's new activation procedures/strategies for FM10. :)

...and DoS attacks, and registration keys where 0 and O looked exactly the same.
Haha yeah. :D That was awesome. How NO-ONE from SI or SEGA didn't see that being a problem I'll never know! :D

Soldato
OP
God I never knew that, I take it that was the first time it has happened, so whats the new activation procedure then?
It was the first time. Also the first time SI/Sega decided to let people "link" FM to Steam. See any coincidences there? ;)

This year you have two options, assuming you buy a physical copy of FM and not through Steam.

Option 1 is to do what happened last year. Buy on DVD, install and link with Steam. The activation servers should be better sorted this year now SI/Sega and their "activation partners" have learned lessons from last year's fiasco. This means you would install FM10 from the DVD and that's the last time you need it. And I would have thought that O's and 0's are now easier to distinguish between. :)

Option 2 is to install FM from DVD, don't link it to Steam and therefore need to keep the DVD in your optical drive whenever you play FM. From FM05-FM08 I just kept the FM CD in the optical drive all the time so my other optical drive was used for other discs. :D

Caporegime
Skip how come your sig keeps changing?

How are you doing that? :(

I found PHP code from some member of OcUK that lets you rotate sigs hosted from your domain. :)

Can't remember who it was. I think I googled OcUK Sig Rotator. Was looking for a site I used to use that did it for you.

Back
Top Bottom