1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official Football Manager 2010 Thread

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by MarcLister, 12 Aug 2009.

1. zytok

Wise Guy

cheers for that, am I right in reading that the megapack won't work in FM2008 due to file limits?

2. Tummy

Caporegime

Yup :D

Suggested it earlier in the thread :p

Great way to get players and have a mess about ;)

3. Shamikebab

Capo Crimine

might be trying that then :D

4. Marco_Nasty

Gangster

Would it not be better to offer a big amount like £20-30 million after 40 appearances. That way no money comes out month by month and as the demo only goes to the start of Jan 2010 then you would have to shell anything out

5. CliffyBiro

Caporegime

They often rejected those offers from me. Probably because there's a chance they won't get a penny.

6. Majago

Mobster

£1m for promotion, £1.3m for winning the league. Think the wage budget was around 20-23k/week! :eek:

7. Marco_Nasty

Gangster

Ohhh rite, it worked for me, got Jovetic for £35m after 40 games

8. Droolinggimp

Mobster

I might have to get this one myself. Not played FM for a while. I think the last time I played it was when I started a thread on making an OcUK team called Fenton FC, based on the location of the OcUK headquarters. Crowd attendance based on forum members etc.

Forum members emailed me "their" honest stats in basic form and I edited a new team in the editor and uploaded it to my webspace for everyone to use... It was good fun.

Might consider creating another one once everyone gets used to the new version.

9. Fisk

Hitman

Quite how "honest" would we need to be with "our" stats? ;)

Wouldn't be much fun playing using a team filled with 1s for every attribute :p

Interesting idea though.

10. Droolinggimp

Mobster

To be honest the 'stats' were quite reasonable. Plus when I put in the real ages of members it altered stats accordingly by itself. When I started up a game with the team, I think we had 20 odd people who sent me the emails, it went quite well. I finished in the top 10 in the first season and one member left my team and went on to a Prem side.. I cant remember who it was though. It made the game a little more fun posting results with members names on the score sheet..

Ill see if I can dig up the old thread.

11. m0r94n

Mobster

I'd be up for submitting myself, however I think we'd have to base our stats against a player. For example defenders will have to judge their own stats in comparison with another defender.

12. Droolinggimp

Mobster

13. Shamikebab

Capo Crimine

Haha I'd forgotten that thread!

Is anyone a bit concerned that the strikes are going to affect deliveries for this? I've no idea of the dates of the strikes tbh :(

14. Fisk

Hitman

Thursday and Friday this week for definite. Not sure if there are any more, I can't find any other dates. So for FM next week it depends how bad the backlog is.

Last edited: 22 Oct 2009
  15. sargatanas

PermaBanned

I only paid 16M for him :p

16. m0r94n

Mobster

Think im either gonna get this digitally, or just pop in to town on my way home from work. I finish at 4 every Friday so I can get to the shops before they close if i''m quick :D.

17. Marco_Nasty

Gangster

Yeah but I won't play 40 league games, so I won't pay a penny, so really it doesn't matter :p

18. Marco_Nasty

Gangster

yeah Royal Mail said they are striking this Thurs and Fri, but they also said that they would be striking alot in the coming months so when the 30th comes around, it is going to be manic

19. Fisk

Hitman

The 30th is next Friday so, as there aren't any more dates announced, hopefully that means they won't strike again next week.

20. Marco_Nasty

Gangster

Yeah lets hope indeed, the Windows 7 launch is getting caught up in these current strikes, not to mention all the other mail, so im sure there will be a backlog they they will have to deal with