The Official Football Manager 2010 Thread

Caporegime
Does anyone else really not like the fact that it tells you how many times you've saved your game now? That's going to be a terrifying figure to look at this time next year :eek:

Caporegime
I think the most annoying bug I've noticed so far is in scout reports, when you look at a player and then go back to the report it resets it to the default view, even if you've edited this, so if I want to look at a player's potential rating and estimated value I have to change the view EVERYTIME I go back to the report. Frikkin hope that isn't in the full release :(

Associate
Haven't found any for tactics, but Utd already have Brian McClair who has 4.5 stars for attacking. I guess you might be using him for shooting, set pieces or ball control though, he also has 4.5 for those.

I've got 4.5 for everything apart from strength, tactics, ball control and shooting, which are all 4s, though obviously I could choose to use Brian McClair or René Meulensteen in other categories and only have 4s in set pieces and attacking. Is there anyone you'd recommend that I might not have found?

If only we could duplicate Brian McClair and René Meulensteen we'd be set.

Soldato
OP
Yep using McClair on shooting. Meulensteen is giving me 4.5 on set pieces. Phelan 4.5 on defending. McGuinness 4.5 on ball control. Steele 4.5 on goalkeeping. Valter di Salvo 5 stars on strength. Signed him as a first team coach as he won't sign as a normal coach and the board won't let me sign another assistant manager. However I then offer Di Salvo a contract as assistant manager and he signs so he can coach the U18s as well. :)

Paul Winsper from Toronto FC gets me 5 stars on aerobic so Di Salvo and Winsper are essential for me.

I thought Steele would be 5 stars for me on goalkeeping but he's only 4.5 stars. Fortunately though Chelsea have a 5 star goalkeeping coach called Christophe Lollichon. I've also signed Manuel Delgado Meco who gives me 4.5 stars in defending.

Have signed Ricardo Moniz but he's only 4 stars at best so I'm going to look at McClair's and Meulensteen's stats and look for coaches with similar numbers to try and get everything up to 4.5 stars minimum. :)

Caporegime
Van De Saar scored for me today from a freekick inside his own half :/

I think my first game is going to be with Udinese, I normally do an Atletico game first but their team sucks this year :(

Soldato
OP
Not long now guys just 4 days!!!! cant wait i want to play it now!
You mean 4 days until the game is available on Steam. Or about 2 weeks until those of us who've bought it online will get it. Unless the online retailers who use Royal Mail post the game early to beat the possible Thursday/Friday strikes. :mad:

Aren't the posties and RM going to mediation this week? If none of the mediators even mentions the effect on FM-ers I'll be very, very unhappy. :cool:

Associate
Looking forward to playing this, 3rd in the league with Liverpool, with Gerrard out injured for 5 months, anyone find any decent 5 stars players?

Associate
Yeah it should be.

The place I got my £17.95 pre-order from have taken the money out of my account today, hopefully that means they will post it tomorrow, get it sorted by Royal Mail the same day thus avoiding the processing/movement strike by one day, for delivery on Thursday or Friday.

Hopefully... :(

Associate
The place I ordered from sent it yesterday for next day UKMail delivery so should hopefully be here today at some point.

Have had this every year for as long as I can remember but was going to give this year a miss as I wasn't captivated as normal with 09. However seeing this thread & reviews has tempted me back in ;)

Just a quick question though. Do we know if the facepacks etc are compatible from 09? Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere!

Also, I reckon they will probably need updating for transfers anyway so where is recognised as the best place these days to download facepacks, crests, shirts etc?

Cheers all.

Back
Top Bottom