**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Soldato
Heads up... the french rainforest have the 32 and 64 Blacks for 500/550EUR...

Just ordered a 64gb Black for £400 all in...

Bargain :) enjoy sir - its an as awesome phone and since going caseless one I enjoy using more and more (dbrand back skin and crappy spigen screen protector that's getting replaced soon!)

Associate
Looks like your Spigen Unltra Hybrid has a crack by the finger print sensor in exactly the same place as mine, I'm awaiting a replacement.

Heads up for anyone who has a cracked Spigen Hybrid case, I received my replacement case and it looks like it's been slighly redesinged round the fingerprint scanner, no crack in this one.

Soldato
Any recommendations for a car charger with a type-A port that will supply the full 3A? I want to use the USB Type-C to USB Standard-A plug cable in my car because I'll have no use for it anywhere else.

I used a tesco "high output" car charger (was a tenner) with the supplied A to C cable that comes with the phone and it charges the phone very quickly. Doesn't register as charging rapidly but still manages approx 1% per minute

Soldato
Soldato
Is there anything to look out for on C to C, different speeds of whatever? (Sorry, not much knowledge on this). Just want to replace the cable that comes with the charger with a longer one, and rather not spend more than I need to.

Soldato
Thanks, what speed rating should I be looking for, so that it allows fast charging the same as the cable that comes with the charger?

Associate
2x A to C cables for £4.99 here that I have tested as compliant with the CheckR app. See the first review with a photo of my Nexus 6P showing its compliant. This isn't my review btw its a colleagues, it is my phone though. Personally the cables feel and look cheap but yeah they work as designed.

Last edited:
Soldato
Any way to just use a fingerprint to unlock screen and not a pattern etc? seems like if I use "no protection" it wipes fingerprint data, but theres no option to just select finger?

Soldato
Taken from Benson Leung write up.
"The issue lies solely with cables that have the new reversible USB Type-C connector on one end, and legacy Type-A or Type-B connectors on the other."

Oh well, it doesn't matter any more :(

I cancelled the order because Nexus devices don't support band 20 on Three for VoLTE :( Looks like I'll be getting an S6 after all.

Back
Top Bottom