**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Soldato
Not over 4G it doesn't. That's why Three don't sell Nexus phones.

LTE
700 (band 17), 700 (band 28), 800 (band 19), 800 (band 20), 850 (band 5), 900 (band 8), 1700/2100 (band 4), 1800 (band 3), 1800 (band 9), 1900 (band 2), 2100 (band 1), 2600 (band 7)

and from google specs.

LTE (FDD): B1/2/3/4/5/7/8/9/17/19/20/28

Soldato
Oh well, it doesn't matter any more :(

I cancelled the order because Nexus devices don't support band 20 on Three for VoLTE :( Looks like I'll be getting an S6 after all.

you will need to buy the handset from 3 though or be a 3 used handset, as they haven't enabled band 20 on non three handsets yet and probably wont for a while

Soldato
I think he meant the S6

hi yes,, sorry the S6

WTF. So in order to get VoLTE working on an S6 I have to pay £120 more to buy it from Three instead of Amazon? That is some serious BS.

I'm surprised then that VoLTE appears to work on my iPhone 6 that I bought directly from Apple. I get the option for VoLTE in Settings so I presume that means it's working. (EDIT: This article confirms that any iPhone will work on Three's VoLTE network)

Last edited:
Permabanned
I'm starting to fall out with my N6P.

I cannot quite put my finger on what it is.....

All the things that are so readly at hand on my Note 4 & Note 5, seam to be a hidden or more steps than I desire to take to get to.

I know the idea with a Nexus Device is to tinker but when things become a toil that's it becomes boring to use.

I'm not saying the Nexus 6P is rubbish or the Note's are better.

It's just how I am starting to feel when I use it.

Probably just me.....

Soldato
I'm starting to fall out with my N6P.

I cannot quite put my finger on what it is.....

All the things that are so readly at hand on my Note 4 & Note 5, seam to be a hidden or more steps than I desire to take to get to.

I know the idea with a Nexus Device is to tinker but when things become a toil that's it becomes boring to use.

I'm not saying the Nexus 6P is rubbish or the Note's are better.

It's just how I am starting to feel when I use it.

Probably just me.....

Send it to me for Christmas and go back to your note mate... Everyone is a winner :D

Any way to just use a fingerprint to unlock screen and not a pattern etc? seems like if I use "no protection" it wipes fingerprint data, but theres no option to just select finger?

can you explain the issue? if you set a pin/pattern, you don't have to use it. you can then just use the fingerprint as though that's the only thing and it'll unlock the screen, even from off. what's the issue with this? the pin is only there as a back up should it not be able to read your finger, e.g. today i had gloves on.

Back
Top Bottom