1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by kona786, 23 Sep 2015.

1. Nutella33

Mobster

First few times I used it, it went through both procedures. Stopped doing that now and works just through the FP as you say. I was just having a play with it freshly delivered when I posted that :)

Take it you have conductive gloves then? because pattern wouldnt work with normal gloves on anyway.

Sure, was just curious.

Liking the spigen "rugged". Not as silly as previous rugged cases I've had and the carbon fibre look on the back in two strips doesnt look as bad as the photos.

2. UberGinge

Wise Guy

I find that if I restart the phone for whatever reason I and go to use the FP it will ask for the pin/pattern/whatever I have set as well just because it was started up for the first time. Every time I use the FP after that is fine.

3. Scottland

Capodecina

This is by design, for 'added security'. iOS works the same way

4. Kainz

Capodecina

Got my 6.01 OTA update last night. Accidentally hit yes to the upgrade prompt whilst I was in a restaurant so the small charge I had left on the battery took a beating.

Amongst the obvious changes are a ton of Emoji's, bug fixes and Ambient Display is actually working real well now! Struggling to get used to google keyboard until Swiftkey add that new emoji support into their app though.

5. Begbie

Capodecina

I can use my screen, different phone although same tech, with standard gloves on.

6. kitkat2015

PermaBanned

LOL - You could buy it off me for the right price ;)

7. Nutella33

Mobster

......are you sure they arent fingerless gloves? ;)

8. breeza

Gangster

9. AndyCr15

Capodecina

Hmm, is there a Quick Charge 3.0? That's the first time I've seen that.

10. Mr_Cool

Wise Guy

11. Scottland

Capodecina

Picked up a Nillkin "Frosted" case as I wanted something slim. I guess it's technically a hard case, but is softer with a soft touch finish. I quite like it, will probably give away my Spigen UA if anyone wants it.

[​IMG]

Imgur album

12. FL630

Wise Guy

I'm really liking this phone, but...

Anyone else find the WiFi is totally crap and/or non existent?

Right now it's connected, earlier I've been standing next to my router and it will not register as giving any signal.

Anyone else have issues?

13. V_R

Sgarrista

I thought the WiFi was quite good.

But I have had some issues, not with my home WiFi (Asus N66U) but at work it randomly drops out even with good signal. I had this with my OPO too. I have no idea why but I've read similar on the internet.

That case is quite nice, any chance of some in focus shots? :p

14. Apex

Capodecina

^^^ i agree i'd like to see some better shots

15. AndyCr15

Capodecina

I quite like the Poetic Affinity case -

**EDIT** Also, I'm giving away a few accessories to channel subscribers if anyone is interested -

Last edited: 12 Dec 2015
  16. AndyCr15

Capodecina

Just checking through Credit Card statements and realised that CPW took payment of the 6P I 'click and collected', but never collected! Cheeky bleeders!

To make it worse, there phone support was as clear as mud. I think she actually gave up one security question as I had no idea what she was saying.

She tells me my refund is on it's way. Let's see if they do better than Vodafone and actually give me a refund when they say they are.

17. adriancal

Gangster

I have not received the 6.01 update notification yet, can I do anything to trigger this?

18. kitkat2015

PermaBanned

Carphone whorehouse are evil.

Good luck with your refund.

19. seanyc5

Hitman

Hi my EE contract is up in April. I have always had HTC from Desire HD, One X, One M8.

Seeing how the M9 has been out a while and the A9 is more of a sidestep/downgrade to the M9, I have set my sights on this!

Currently pay just about £48 for unlimited mins, unlimited txts and 4GB data and orange care.

CPW will buy my phone for £80 and I can get this deal http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/phones/huawei-nexus-6p-32gb for £35 a month ( work pays £30 towards phone bill :))

This sound like a good plan? I thinking of either cancelling insurance all together or moving. Who is best for that? I don't have it included with my bank.

Thanks,
    Sean

20. Scottland

Capodecina

:p

Sorry, the office is quite dark and hard to get something in focus without being completely blown out. Will try to find some better light :)

I've been using it all weekend, and my only gripe with it is the open top and bottom (main the bottom) is it irritates me when holding it.