**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Soldato
The Spigen Thin Fit is a very light / thin case, not the best protection but Graphite phone + black case does look lush :)

EIS for video's is rubbish compared to Samsung Note 2.
The Note's was lovely when recording video, getting "wobbly doors" when recording a video with the Nexus :/

Everything else seems really nice & quick.
Shame Marshmallow doesn't like Twilight's overlay when asking permission for things.

Soldato
Just checking through Credit Card statements and realised that CPW took payment of the 6P I 'click and collected', but never collected! Cheeky bleeders!

To make it worse, there phone support was as clear as mud. I think she actually gave up one security question as I had no idea what she was saying.

She tells me my refund is on it's way. Let's see if they do better than Vodafone and actually give me a refund when they say they are.

I did the same thing with the N5 launch, but confirmed with CPW that if it wasn't collected I should be refunded within a week after the date they stopped holding it for me.

Three weeks later after calling their helpline a couple of times and then pestering their twitter account I finally got my refund.

Soldato
do you mean it irritates your finger/skin or just the look? i had an open case like this for my sgs2 and it rubbed my finger to the point it went red so got rid

I rest my little finger on the bottom of the phone when using it with one hand, with an open bottom there's an edge which is a bit uncomfortable. It's not a major problem really - if you don't hold the phone like that then it's probably not much of an issue.

Soldato
Got one of these coming tomorrow. Had the Nexus 5 for 2 years and loved it, looking forward to trying this out.

Trying to hunt down a case, I like low profile ones that offer a bit of protection from a drop, looking at the Spigens. Anyone got any guidance?

Associate
Got one of these coming tomorrow. Had the Nexus 5 for 2 years and loved it, looking forward to trying this out.

Trying to hunt down a case, I like low profile ones that offer a bit of protection from a drop, looking at the Spigens. Anyone got any guidance?

I went with the Spigen thinfit - LOVE IT. I hate cases, have never had one, but on the 6P needed it because of the size and slippery metal.

My friend has the Spigen Rugged, and whilst its more protection, I cant deal with that much bulk.

Get the ThinFit, get a screen protector (glass obv.) and call it a day...

Now... if only I can get 5 hours SoT

Soldato
Awesome, pretty much the insight I was after cheers! Gone for the thinfit, would you say a screen protector is required?

Also, what does SoT mean!?

Associate
Awesome, pretty much the insight I was after cheers! Gone for the thinfit, would you say a screen protector is required?

Also, what does SoT mean!?

Not required at all...but if you put your phone down face down then the extra protection is worth it as the lip on the thin fit is...well...thin:)

Soldato
I went with the Spigen thinfit - LOVE IT. I hate cases, have never had one, but on the 6P needed it because of the size and slippery metal.

My friend has the Spigen Rugged, and whilst its more protection, I cant deal with that much bulk.

Get the ThinFit, get a screen protector (glass obv.) and call it a day...

Now... if only I can get 5 hours SoT

Bulk on the rugged isn't that bad tbh, and the carbon fibre doesn't look too bad in the flesh. They haven't gone for silly thickness either. Might try a thin later but the rugged is for work.

Currently on 55% battery with 12hrs off charge and 3h40m SoT. Would think 5 hours is do-able!

-edit- 39% for 5hrs SoT

Last edited:
Associate
Bulk on the rugged isn't that bad tbh, and the carbon fibre doesn't look too bad in the flesh. They haven't gone for silly thickness either. Might try a thin later but the rugged is for work.

Currently on 55% battery with 12hrs off charge and 3h40m SoT. Would think 5 hours is do-able!

-edit- 39% for 5hrs SoT

Settings !!? That's amazing!

Soldato
Can't think of any settings that would effect it apart from display brightness at around 30%. I use the chrome beta for browsing, apps only update when I open them and that's it. 6.0.1 marshmallow version.

It "dozed" through the night and got 6 hours SoT total with 25% battery left in the morning before charging it.

Loving quick charge after having a slow charge bugged M7

Last edited:
Soldato
I would still advise a screen protector just because if you can pay a few pounds to increase the resale value of the phone hugely, I would say it is worth it, wouldn't you?

Good point, my next question is naturally going to be, which is the best screen protector... :p I'm guessing the tempered glass ones are best?

Associate
Can't think of any settings that would effect it apart from display brightness at around 30%. I use the chrome beta for browsing, apps only update when I open them and that's it. 6.0.1 marshmallow version.

It "dozed" through the night and got 6 hours SoT total with 25% battery left in the morning before charging it.

Loving quick charge after having a slow charge bugged M7

Do you keep location on?

I'm on 45 minutes screen time today. Barely used it and on 68% since 10am (now 5pm) now I've been wandering around London Xmas shopping...but the phone has barely been used and aside from mobile standby and play services nothing else is higher than the screen time....

Soldato
Do you keep location on?

I'm on 45 minutes screen time today. Barely used it and on 68% since 10am (now 5pm) now I've been wandering around London Xmas shopping...but the phone has barely been used and aside from mobile standby and play services nothing else is higher than the screen time....

Yeah. Facebook, web browsing and a 2 hour car journey sat nav ing today still got me 5 hours SoT, 26% today as we speak :) not smashing it but general use.

15% screen
5% chrome
5% sat nav app
5% Facebook app
9% OS
4% email
4% messenger

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom