**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Well, swapped my battery this evening. Took me about an hour. Only mistake was lifting the screen glass in one corner instead of just pulled the phone away from the back panel. Easily fixed with some spare adhesive pads I had.

Wasn't as hard as people made out. I bought new bottom and camera covers for the back for £5 so didn't care about breaking them but didn't break them anyway. Hairdier was enough to get the adhesive soft enough. Popping the battery was tougher. I used an old credit card and only went half way (there's a vulnerable display connector under the battery) and I prised it enough that I could do the rest with my fingers but being carful not to bend the battery too much. Re-assembly was a sinch. Pop connectosd in place, one screw inside, cover back on, 6 screws in the back. Check the phone still worked then put the new covers on. Sorted.

Will have to see how it lasts now. It has 60% charge out the box so will run it flat then do a full charge tonight.

Soldato
Got a call from Game today to say that the repair center said my phone was beyond "economic repair" so they've swapped it out with a 6P they had in the store which turns out to be in better condition than the one I sent in.

Happy days.

Now do I stay with the OG Pixel(small one) or keep with my 6P decisions hmmmmmmmm, I actually prefer my 6P in almost every way so it may be an easy decision.

Soldato
I thought you had to have proof of purchase through the Google store for any hope of getting a warranty claim seen to (the original owner can assist in warranty claims, but only if it was bought direct from Google)? Huawei themselves are meant to be crap to deal with.

My 6P is over 2 years old and my battery was dying at anywhere from 20-60%. I've torn my phone down and bought a new silver housing and fingerprint sensor as well as a new battery. Should look close to new when I've finished (mine was a black one and it's chipped quite badly). I've just got an S8, but I'm not getting on with it as well as I'd hoped so will resurrect the 6P and flog the S8.

Associate
Google do indeed need proof of purchase which I have been unable to get from the seller as I purchased it through Gumtree and I can not contact the seller via the email used through Gumtree. I could drive to the shared building where they live but that seemed a little bit over the top without contacting them first :(

And then today on live chat, Huawei told me after I supplied the IMEI number (We cannot repair the phone since it has Chinese firmware on it.) And then ended the chat when I said (I don't understand what you mean?) :(

I might give them both a try again and see if I get a different more responsive person on the other side ;)

Back
Top Bottom