**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Soldato
I have a 6p which was on contract with ee (giffgaff now) I checked the warranty which is below . I am not having the battery issues you guys describe but in normal use im only getting 2-3 hours from it and it needs constant charging . Whats the best way to move forward in regards to getting a new battery fitted ? I could not see any sort of webchat on there website
  • Expected Expiry date: 2018-02-13
That sounds like normal battery degradation, and like me you've been lucky that you haven't been (yet) affected by shutdown/reboot issues. My 6p was the same, giving me ever lower runtimes so I changed it at 86% health (estimated by AccuBattery). I had no other issues.

Personally I'd spend a bit of cash and get it repaired here in the UK, unless you know someone proficient in taking apart phones. At this stage in the 6P's life I wouldn't even trust it with Google let alone Huawei. Good luck whatever you do - it's still easily one of the best phones out there.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I replaced my battery myself.

First one off eBay was naff after a few days, second one (from a different seller) worked beautifully. It's not the nicest phone to take apart but it was easily done in an hour being careful with the right tools.

Then last week it was smashed. Seemed to work as I was getting notifications so I have ended up buying a whole new front assembly with the screen and battery already in place. I just needed to swap the jack, camera, mobo, antenna and USB board over. Good as new and being a genuine replacement (£153!) it has a proper official battery that discharges half as much as the old one and no rebooting when cold or low battery.

Expensive, but I want a rolling sim only contract this time and I love this phone. Does all I want/need and will do me well for another year.

Soldato
Mine is in warranty so they can stump up all that cost. My point is they know there are no parts for these or if there are they aren't readily available. They should be offering replacement/alternative after a few weeks really because it's not really on that a warranty phone should be away for repair so long. Apple would replace pretty quickly which although I hate Apple is a treat really compared to Huawei.

Soldato
My 6P is still going strong but I have concerns about the battery I replaced last September.

Lately it seems to be draining a lot faster than normal. It could be because I've switched browsers, as I used to use the Brave and have now switched to Samsung Internet and thrown 2 browser adblock addons into the mix. The browser is either chomping at my battery a lot more or the battery itself is degrading already. I love this thing :(

I wiped the system cache last night so I'll see if that makes a difference.

Soldato
That's your own fault.. they had mine 3 weeks and I demanded a new phone which they sent.

I don't quite think its my own 'fault' - I've been in contact with the head of customer services in Reading, and originally got them to issue new phones to people. As far as they were concerned, you were going to be waiting for new parts, which haven't arrived from China yet.

As such, he requested a batch of Mate 9s, but because of the specs and colour, I refused the device and asked for a P10 Plus, which was more inline with the specs and experience of the 6P.

They, apparently, haven't had stock of the P10 Plus, due to the delay, and had to get one in from China.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Anyone had their LCD replaced? Gf dropped her 6p yesterday, screen is dead but glass intact. Looks expensive :(

I replaced mine recently (DIY). Basically bought a full front assembly for £155 that came with battery etc. I had to swap over the main board, camera, headphone jack, USB power board and antenna etc. Getting the phone apart isn't pretty but I had already done the battery before smashing it.

I used this one:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/352245316237

I think shops will do just the screen but you're still looking at similar if not more money.

Soldato
I replaced mine recently (DIY). Basically bought a full front assembly for £155 that came with battery etc. I had to swap over the main board, camera, headphone jack, USB power board and antenna etc. Getting the phone apart isn't pretty but I had already done the battery before smashing it.

I used this one:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/352245316237

I think shops will do just the screen but you're still looking at similar if not more money.

Thanks. It's not far off being more than the phone is worth sadly :( it only had a new battery 3 months ago too!

Back
Top Bottom