**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Associate
This is looking much more interesting than the OP2. If good battery life and the 128GB is good value for money I might go for this.

Caporegime
I think it looks nice, the "periscope" doesn't bother me, it is something a bit different to the usual camera area design.

The LG version is looking a little bit meh.... so if I can handle the size, I may go with this.

Associate
Nexus 6P is the first all-metal Nexus flagship smartphone designed to bring a strong all-around mobile experience to our passionate users. The hardware is uncompromised, from its best-in-class camera to new technologies that enable the future of Android. Snapdragon 810 processor for fast multitasking between apps and immersive gaming. This phone is for those who want the bigger screen, especially for watching movies, TV shows, YouTube videos, etc. And for those especially interested in gaming.

Dual Front-ported stereo speakers for a rich and balanced sound. The result will be a highly immersive media experience.

Also comes with a noise canceling 3-microphone system for high-fidelity voice quality. The recipient of your call will hear your voice without all the noise surrounding you.

Nexus 6P at-a-glance

Screen: 5.7”, 518 PPI, WQHD AMOLED
Camera: 12.3MP Rear / 8MP Front (1.55 μM, F2.0 / 1.4 μM FF) - Final resolution of the images may be less than 12.3MP
Processor: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 810 v2.1 processor
Battery: 3,450 mAh (Built-in)
Dimensions: 159.4 x 77.8 x 7.3
Weight: 178g
RAM: 3 GB (LPDDR4)
Storage: Comes in 32/64/128 GB

The Nexus Camera is the best all-around camera we've ever put into a Nexus. But where it really shines is in conditions with less-than-ideal lighting. The new sensor captures more light, and the larger 1.55μm pixels absorb more in even the dimmest conditions to make your photos sharp. With a faster Google Camera app, you never miss a moment, and with the smart Google Photos app, your memories are easy to relive.

Great camera is the most desired feature for our users, and a key area for Android and Nexus

Taking great photos in good light is relatively easy and something most smartphone camera do really well. Where it gets hard is low light. 80% of photos are taken in less than ideal light so it is important to really concentrate on that We see the most challenging common photography use case is trying to take a quick snap of a kid and we have made a bunch of decisions to excel in such challenging scenarios.

Why is such situation challenging: app has to launch fast and be fast, AF needs to focus quickly and accurately, need to be very sensitive to light to catch a moving subject, and mostly such cases you have to capture as much detail as possible in most times challenging light conditions.

Taken from Notes in leaked presentation.

AP's write up
http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...tal-body-gorilla-glass-4-and-3450mah-battery/

Actual presentation
https://docs.google.com/presentatio...jgR2XOQ0cvsoHsQ/edit#slide=id.gb93594c98_1_66

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
You know, today's leaks have resulted in me wanting one over a z5.

Do I or don't I... This would be my first Nexus smartphone.

I wonder if the new technologies involve some of which Chainfire tweeted about from his recent trip to Google HQ.

Soldato
It does sound like they are going down a kind of HTC ultrapixel route with the camera given the intention to bring more light in...will be interesting to see how this camera does in practice.

Soldato
Ok very interested in this now. :)

pics from the leaked slides show the camera bump to be be pretty flat against the back ( not that it matter to me)

Hoping the camera is Decent though

Soldato
You know, today's leaks have resulted in me wanting one over a z5.

Do I or don't I... This would be my first Nexus smartphone.

I wonder if the new technologies involve some of which Chainfire tweeted about from his recent trip to Google HQ.

I've never known anyone that's into customisation and modding as much as yourself who has never had a Nexus device.

Soldato
6P turns out to be not that bad. if all is good (bat, screen etc) I can live with the periscope and larger size.

the only question is the price. hoping for 320ish for 64GB.

really wish the 5X wasn't so lame though.

Associate
spec looks good and slightly tempting me to upgrade from my nexus 6, aluminum body, better processor, camera, fingerprint scanner, usb c that could be set at usb 3.0 speed, only problem is that i love the huge size of the nexus 6 and the erganomic moto shape, 5.7" + the large bezzels on the 6p and the lack of wireless charging are putting me off

Back
Top Bottom