**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Soldato
Look at the screen shot, clearly shows dual sim?

Whoops, work VPN didn't load that screenshot earlier.

Dual SIM might have given me a reason to buy one as I desperately want to be rid of the Nokia WP handset that work have given me.

Being a prototype unit, maybe it had dual SIM so they could test network connectivity/performance on different bands/networks.

Soldato
Wow. Got lucky. I wanted to pay using a different card so cancelled and re-ordered a couple of days ago.

Btw - is there any pouch case out for this yet? I dislike cases on the phones whilst using them, but would like a pouch type one for whilst in my pocket etc.

Soldato
I am moving to a 6P from a Galaxy, what features will I miss?

I dont think it has the bubble to edit text magnifier? No multi window?

Man of Honour
Multiwindow is an unlockable feature as it's in testing on 6.0. Expect to see it as a full feature in the 6.1 update.

Unless you like Touchwhiz software, there isn't much else to miss other than stylus support as on the Notes.

Caporegime
Knew I should have pre-ordered! :(

Oh well, here is hoping that if there are any issues with batch 1, batch 2 will be perfect.... :p

Probably won't be back in stock till December/2016

Man of Honour
Aluminium, because it resembles Bender Bending Rodríguez the most :D

bender.jpg

I need to find a Bender teeth sticker for mine :D

Caporegime
Yeah I'm 80% certain I will go with aluminium, it should show less fingerprints etc. plus if I were to drop/scratch it, it would be less noticeable than on the graphite.

Associate
Has anyone noticed this on the hardware warranty centre for the new 6P and 5X?

https://support.google.com/store/troubleshooter/3070579?hl=en-GB#ts=3070585,6301504

Manufacturer: Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. ("Huawei")
Contact: Visit the Huawei website at www.consumer.huawei.com/. You may be covered by Huawei's limited manufacturer's warranty

Where as on the older nexus 4 &5 it states

Contact: If you purchased your Nexus 5 on Google Play, contact us with questions about refunds, exchanges, or repairs. Your satisfaction is important to us and we want to help.

This implies that the warranty is handled direct with the manufacturer for the 5X and 6P rather than through Google like the previous phones.

Normally i'd buy direct through google as they have been great at handling replacements in the past, however if it just going direct to manufacturer you might as well buy from CPW as its cheaper.

Has anyone seen that google is definitely handling the warranty for these phones if bought from google play.

Soldato
Doesn't matter. In the UK the retailer must handle everything.

Even if that means they have to send it off to the manufacturer themselves.

I always thought it was better to buy from CPW given that they are based in the UK, rather than Ireland.

Soldato
My GF has just pre-ordered the silver one from CPW to replace her N6. Is their 22nd October delivery date realistic?

At least I can get to see one hands on - still keeping my N6 though, I don't see the point in all honesty.

Back
Top Bottom