**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Caporegime
I don't really doubt the 6P ones look like that, more so doubt the iPhone look that bad.

Got hyped about the z5 camera but doesn't look like it's really that close to the s6 edge, expect this will end up the same sadly as I really want to move but the camera is hard to pass up on

Soldato
How come? The sensor pixels are considerably larger than those found on the iPhone 6.

Capture_7.jpg

In theory, using final release camera software and a well thought out compression method (or RAW capture as supported by Android), images should be showing more detail in low light with less noise, and render colours better in low light too.

Remember, no other smartphone has the camera module the 5X and 6P have, so we have no basis for comparison right now other than these leaks. Kind of understandable for them to be unbelievable of course, but not unreasonable to assume them legit either given the info known about the sensor now and what camera api 2 (or 3?) brings to the table.

I think those images could be accurate - but we've no idea how much of a fair test it was. Lets keep our fingers crossed and lets see what the reviews say before getting sucked into the hype :p

I am getting impatient now though, need reviews to tide me over until delivery :D

Associate
Anyone have any experience with directmobiles.co.uk? £31.99 per month (+£20 for the handset, graphite 32GB) for Unl Minutes, texts & 5GB of Data seems to good to be true.

Soldato
Anyone have any experience with directmobiles.co.uk? £31.99 per month (+£20 for the handset, graphite 32GB) for Unl Minutes, texts & 5GB of Data seems to good to be true.

Mobiles.co.uk (part of CPW) are doing unlimited minutes & texts, 5Gb data and a free handset for £34/month plus £30 cashback and an extra £50 tradein with Mazuma (means a N5 is worth £125)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I'm genuinely more excited about this than the free TV I got this week. Sad, but I don't care :p

Edit*
Indian launch videos are coming in as well as unboxing. Jealous.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I doubt it was destined to be put into a smartphone by Sony or anyone else when it was manufactured to begin with. Only a drone model on the market has the same sensor. So Google probably thought why not give a Nexus a decent camera for a change.

Likewise the Z5 sensor is completely new and unique to the Z5 series only.

Soldato
hilarious to think it uses a sony sensor when the z5 is just nowhere near this quality.

I'd still say wait and see before laughing at Sony too much. According to DxO Sony is better, maybe they're wrong but then maybe those photos are lies.

Genuinely hope its great, but let's see.

Back
Top Bottom