**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Soldato
The Nexus 4 battery is easy to change if you wanted.

The back comes off easy, it is mainly held on by the 2 screws at the bottom of your phone.

Thanks, I think mine is okay for now and will likely replace the phone soon, but that's good to know.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Latest rumour is that the AMOLED screen isn't as efficient as the Galaxy S4's... Could the hype train have been too good to be true?

The comment was posted on reddit based around the screen used on the Mate S.

Soldato
OP
Latest rumour is that the AMOLED screen isn't as efficient as the Galaxy S4's... Could the hype train have been too good to be true?

The comment was posted on reddit based around the screen used on the Mate S.

S4 or S6?

OLED's for other OEM's are always a gen behind Samsung's latest and greatest anyway.

EDIT: Textured power button :cool:

qlN0eNN.jpg

BeW2IL8.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
It's all just idle speculation at this point. Some people on reddit think it will have the same screen as the Note 4 which would be great. Truth is nobody has a clue until we start to get some hands-ons and previews.

Soldato
It's all just idle speculation at this point. Some people on reddit think it will have the same screen as the Note 4 which would be great. Truth is nobody has a clue until we start to get some hands-ons and previews.

Would be amazing if true. amoled, decent camera, decent battery and stock android. happy days!

Associate
I was fairly intent on buying one of these anyway (been holding off buying a phone until tomorrow's announcement) but given the leaked specs etc im 99% sure ill be buying one now.

I still think the back is ugly as hell (specially in white)

As long as the camera is very good, and battery life last at least 1 day (not a working day) on moderate use im a happy chappy.

Man of Honour
How do you guys find using a big phone like this? Can you use it one handed? I've got relatively large hands but whilst the N5 is comfortable to use one handed I think any bigger may start to get hard? Also if you want to take a picture one handed I worry that holding it may be harder?

I'm trying to think about how I use my phone - and I do a fair bit of online stuff, watch movies from time to time, emails and amazingly phone calls and texts! I like wireless charging and NFC features, but it is also my only means of taking pictures, so the camera needs to be decent. That said, I found the N5 camera to be more than acceptable, a lot of people have been surprised/impressed at the pictures I take with my N5 - so if it is better than the N5 so much the better.

It's just having to hold the phone, and put it in your pocket etc... without it looking ridiculous - and how easy it is to take pics with it.

The one thing that the Z5 is drawing me to is the quick snap hardware button for taking pictures - that makes it really appealing.

Soldato
OP
I went from a 4.8" S3 to a 6" Nexus 6 and I got used to it within a matter of days. This was 6 months ago and a close mate of mine just did the exact same a month ago. He always thought N6 was way too big, now he's got used to it, it almost feels like a normal sized phone.

You can use it one handed for some tasks like a bit of web browsing, calls, browsing emails etc. But anything that requires typing I always use 2 hands. And you can take a snap with one hand, it's not even difficult. Two hands are better for the added stability as always.

And I don't even notice the phone much in the pocket any more. I can even drive with it in my pocket, no issues.

You need to try it for atleast 2 weeks. The worst is you will lose £50 odd if you want to sell it on.

Man of Honour
I like bug phones makes watching videos so much better. Really depends what your primary uses are, move from a 6"-5.5" and surprised how much smaller the screen is. Need a bigger phone back.

And there's one hand use in newer software /3rd party apps which shrinks screen down for one hand typing if you need it.

Soldato
I'd be tempted by the 6P as i have a 6 as a work phone and it isnt "too bad" - but nights out where i dont need it, i find my OPO to be on the limit of size at 5.5".
It'll be interesting to see the battery life out of the 6P though.

Soldato
I went from an S4 to an N6. The S4 feels like a toy\kiddie phone now. After about 2-3 days the N6 became the perfect size for a regular phone. Smaller phones now just seem ridiculous.

Soldato
I got an N6 earlier in the year but it was just tooooo large. That was coming from an M8 though. After using a OnePlus for 7 months it might not feel so big now though.

Back
Top Bottom