**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Soldato
iFixit gave the 5X 7/10 for repairability. Hoping the 6P is just as good. Replacing the battery if needed is going to be neat. Plus who doesn't like taking things apart?

I intend to keep the 6P for longer than any other phone I've owned, so this will be one big factor how long that is.

Didn't you say that about the Z3? :D

I typically keep mine around 6 months, but usually Nexus devices last me a little longer.

Soldato
Should I order silver 32gb for Monday or wait until the 64gb frost is back in stock at Google... argh!

I'd be content with the 32gb (still got 10gb free on my N5 with a couple of nandroid backups) and I'm toing and froing between silver and frost, leaning towards frost, but thinking it'll get scruffy much quicker.

Caporegime
Yeah I am still undecided if I should stick with my 6p order.... :o No doubt it will be better than the n5 in every area but I'm still pretty happy with it especially with marshmallow on it, the phone just feels nicer to use overall since 6.0, however, I can't quite put my finger on what it is!

If I do go ahead, I will definitely be keeping this for at least 2 years, I usually keep my phones for at least 2 years anyway, only had the n5 for a year and a half though.

Still not sure if I should have just waited for google store to get stock again too, I think the better service would have been of more benefit in the long run...

Don't do what I done and went in the 3 store asked for the Nano Sim they took a £1 from my account to prove I'm the person with that phone number, was about to walk out the door and salesman said your phone signal should switch off in about 2-3 mins......
*ME* " sorry what do you mean? I thought the Nano Sim won't activate until I put it in my new phone which is about three weeks away?"

No sir activation is instant *ME* " oh can I cancel this Sim please"

The look on the assistance face was a treat :D

:D

I will definitely just get the cut tool now with an adapter! :p No way do I want them to **** up my rolling one month £12.90 200 min, unlimited data and texts.

Associate
I have the frost on order and seeing the all these reviews in graphite started me thinking now??

The diamond cut edges look very shiny where the graphite is more subtle.

The dummy one in CPW is silver did not like it. wish there was more presence in the high street on these Nexus phones, as mrk said yesterday my CPW has had a Samsung rep on the shop floor for a couple of weeks now and there is a ton of Samsung phones on display :eek: and all working models and the one phone I want to play with is a mock up :(

Caporegime
I'm not a fan of white tech. products in general tbh but supposedly the frost doesn't feel as nice/premium as the aluminium/graphite and is a bit more slippery.

Dummy models always feel like crap too.

Soldato
By no means an accurate test but interesting

Nexus 6 vs 6p speed test: http://youtu.be/z3qmx5onZS8

Right so i'm going to order from CPW for Monday delivery and take Monday off work, dedication.

26th is still not a guaranteed date tbh, "Expected" is the keyword here and others on xda are saying take it as a guide.

They are all waiting for the cpw dispatch email

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't do what I done and went in the 3 store asked for the Nano Sim they took a £1 from my account to prove I'm the person with that phone number, was about to walk out the door and salesman said your phone signal should switch off in about 2-3 mins......
*ME* " sorry what do you mean? I thought the Nano Sim won't activate until I put it in my new phone which is about three weeks away?"

No sir activation is instant *ME* " oh can I cancel this Sim please"

The look on the assistance face was a treat :D

I rang up Three when I needed a nano sim and they asked if I wanted instant activation or a sim that I needed to activate by ringing them up. Not sure why you can't do that in-store.

Associate
I'm not a fan of white tech. products in general tbh but supposedly the frost doesn't feel as nice/premium as the aluminium/graphite and is a bit more slippery.

Dummy models always feel like crap too.

Good to know about dummy units ;)

so if I changed my mind about the frost I wonder if Google will let me keep it until the replacement gets delivered?

Associate
I rang up Three when I needed a nano sim and they asked if I wanted instant activation or a sim that I needed to activate by ringing them up. Not sure why you can't do that in-store.

Because there a bloody nightmare to deal with :(

I went into the local 3 store couple of weeks ago and the guy said you have to phone up 3 and order the sim over the phone.

Phoned 3 to order my sim and the guy on the phone said your local 3 store should have done this for you?? "really" so I went back to the 3 store only to make myself look like a right old LEMON :D

Caporegime
Yeah by the looks of it, CPW might not meet the 26th delivery date, sounds like that might be when they will get it in store so if true, I won't get mine until Wednesday at the earliest *sigh*

If not dispatched by Monday morning, I might just cancel and go with google store when they get them back in stock.

Good to know about dummy units ;)

so if I changed my mind about the frost I wonder if Google will let me keep it until the replacement gets delivered?

Not sure tbh. I think what you could do is use the frost model for up to 14 days and then just request a refund/return.

Caporegime
And just received an email saying order out of stock, oh well, will just wait for google to get stock.

EDIT:

Just checking their site and they still are saying estimated delivery 26th, misleading much.....

EDIT:

Thinking about it again, maybe that is right as they can't actually process my order since they don't have stock yet.... but might do later on today???

Last edited:
Caporegime
I placed the order last night, I updated my above post:

Thinking about it again, maybe that is right as they can't actually process my order since they don't have stock yet.... but might do later on today/tomorrow???

Soldato
I placed the order last night, I updated my above post:

Thinking about it again, maybe that is right as they can't actually process my order since they don't have stock yet.... but might do later on today/tomorrow???

They processed mine within the day and took my money, I did reserve one in store though which may be why its different.

Caporegime
Damn....

Will give it till Monday morning and see what happens, if no sign then I'll just cancel.

EDIT:

Either way, they should remove that estimated 26th October delivery date from their site as from reading around, it doesn't even sound like they will meet that....

EDIT:

Someone posted this on CPW:

Just been in all cpw stores near me. 1st said middle of next week (10 days after 5x). 2nd said much the same. 3rd had a display handset, but said preorder til 30/11. And no stock in store.

Last edited:
Associate
Damn....

Will give it till Monday morning and see what happens, if no sign then I'll just cancel.

EDIT:

Either way, they should remove that estimated 26th October delivery date from their site as from reading around, it doesn't even sound like they will meet that....

An estimate is an estimate. Just wait until next Friday before cancelling?

Soldato
Placed the order for a silver with CPW earlier (yes, I bit), got a text from Barclays after lunch to say that payment had been declined (seems common with CPW), so rang them up and sorted that out.

While on the phone I asked when to expect dispatch, and the lady said it would be dispatched today, though I fully expect it will be delayed like Nexus18, but I ordered with that in mind, so heyho.

Back
Top Bottom