**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Soldato
I LIKE IT ^^

I have the LG G2 had it for about 2 years now, have to say I think that's the best LG phone they have made.

Crazy, I'm on the LG G2 too! I have really loved it until the last few months, when battery life has become unbearable, and thermal throttling gets pretty extreme at times - maybe once or twice a day.

I think I'm just unlucky with battery life though, while others report on average something like 4 hours SoT, I never got more than 2.5 and nowadays average about 1.25. And I've had 2 different units, had a warranty claim after 12 months.

Which 6P are you waiting for? 64GB Graphite for me, 5-9 Nov, still pending

Soldato
1 day in and its pretty easy to say the Nexus 6P is not only a great phone, but the best smartphone out right now. Only real complaint I have is the lack of OIS making videos a bit shaky, but I take like 2 videos a year if that so its not a problem for me personally, but it was very noticeable compared too a Note4.

I'll have too give the battery life a few days and see how it handles itself, but so far its promising and the quick charge is great.

Associate
Crazy, I'm on the LG G2 too! I have really loved it until the last few months, when battery life has become unbearable, and thermal throttling gets pretty extreme at times - maybe once or twice a day.

I think I'm just unlucky with battery life though, while others report on average something like 4 hours SoT, I never got more than 2.5 and nowadays average about 1.25. And I've had 2 different units, had a warranty claim after 12 months.

Which 6P are you waiting for? 64GB Graphite for me, 5-9 Nov, still pending

Shame about your battery, mine can go wayward sometimes but normally it's an app like Facebook messenger that makes the phone get really hot.

I'm waiting for the 6p 64GB in Frost white, after seeing all those reviews in graphite must admit looks nice ;)

Soldato
Regarding the sensor hub, any tips and tricks to maximise battery life in standby? Or just a a case of leaving it alone on a flat surface and let it do its thing ?

Not many reviews and spoke about it in great deal so I guess it can't be configured and is fully auto

Soldato
I've currently got a 2014 Nexus 5.

Could somebody briefly explain the different between the Nexus 5X and the Nexus 6P please?

I've done some quick googling but I got really confused :confused:

Man of Honour
Soldato
Regarding the sensor hub, any tips and tricks to maximise battery life in standby? Or just a a case of leaving it alone on a flat surface and let it do its thing ?

Not many reviews and spoke about it in great deal so I guess it can't be configured and is fully auto

Pretty much, as long the sensors aren't disturbed Doze will kick in.

Soldato
I've currently got a 2014 Nexus 5.

Could somebody briefly explain the different between the Nexus 5X and the Nexus 6P please?

I've done some quick googling but I got really confused :confused:

6P obviously bigger, for CPU has SD 810 instead of SD 808 and also better GPU, cameras are reportedly idenctical as are finger print scanner, 6P build materials more metal whereas 5X is rubberised/soft touch.

Honestly I'd google a bit more, not to sound like an arse but it really isn't that hard and you'll get a lot more detail than I can give.

Soldato
Took my off charge at 8am, had 2hrs 30mins of screen on time including playing a HD movie and I'm still above 50% - its predicting it'll be out by 11pm at my current usage. Decent battery :)

Back
Top Bottom