1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by kona786, 23 Sep 2015.

1. nshire

Hitman

Mine is down for PENDING OCTOBER 28 – 30, 2015

Order history...
    Nexus 6P (64GB, LTE, Aluminium)
    Dispatched from warehouse by 27 October.

2. Pabl0

Wise Guy

I've just got off speaking with Google again after my bank refused payment, supposedly she was going to send it to billings and sort it out and email me the findings. Just received this email with this as the last line;

'Some previous orders may have been canceled. If so, and if you'd still like to, please place those orders again.'

Instant derailment of hype train!

Until I noticed the amount is pending in my bank account.:D

3. dl8860

Mobster

What does your google store order status say?

4. Rilot

Don

Anyone know where Google are shipping them from? Mine doesn't track yet.

5. Dangerous

Capodecina

Dublin normally.

6. ashmanuk67

Wise Guy

I believe from Ireland then onto us in UK

Was that the question ??

Opps as above :)

7. Rilot

Don

Probably be here on Thursday then I would think.

8. Pabl0

Wise Guy

Processing.

9. breeza

Gangster

Last edited: 27 Oct 2015
  10. Nexus18

Capodecina

Same as you, only just got a text and updated status on its way etc. at about 10 this morning. I think DPD do deliveries up to 7pm so you could still get it.

Initial thoughts:

- phone is massive, mostly just the height that really bothers me, honestly don't know if I'll be able to keep it because of this :(
    - I thought my nexus 5 was nice and fast but this feels just that little bit more instant
    - amazing screen
    - very premium and comfy "enough" to hold with one hand but as expected, I'm finding it hard for one handed "usage" (medium sized hands)
    - very slippy phone so I will definitely need a thin grippy case, if I keep it...

Not really done much with it yet apart from setting apps etc. back up. Will mess about with it more later on tonight.

Why couldn't they have made the phone thicker and reduce the height.....

11. lmfy2k

Soldato

It would then be called a Nexus 6 plus :p

12. Belloni

Mobster

Played with the nexus 5x in store, I'm desperate for a new gagdet and the size of the 6p is a little off putting but I'm coming from an S6. Then its the far better phone so I guess I'll just like it and lump it!

13. Deepus

Gangster

Well mine is currently sat in a Parcelforce depot in North West London, so I'm guessing somewhere close to there unless they got flown in from Dublin pretty much straight after the despatch email was issued.

For info, mine tracked around 3 hours after I got the despatch email.

14. dessimpson

Wise Guy

Mine still says pending.
    Kinda annoying that you pre-order it and loads of folks can go to a shop and get it before you.

15. DIABLO

Soldato

It said my phone was at the London hub a few hours after it shipped so the phone are already in Britain.

16. RoEy

Wise Guy

I've ordered two of the N6p graphite 32gb with CPW. One is being delivered tomorrow apparently. I currently have the Nexus 5 and even after two years I still love the phone. However, I've done so much research over the past month about the N6P and last night I read the android police review, up until that moment I was so confident this was the phone for me until I read about screen burning... I didn't realise that AMOLED screens suffered from it and its left me very concerned tbh. Is this something you can get a replacement on if it does occur? I have major OCD when it comes to stuff like this and I will spot it immediately if it does occur. Why didn't they just use IPS LCD? I simply won't tolierate putting up with screen burn. This is 2015.

17. Amos91

Wise Guy

It was a 'big' issue with the N6 as well. There will be very faint burn in, I can only see it when using the burn in fix app which displays a full grey screen.

Noticed it pretty much straight away with the app but it hasnt got any worse in a year. It's really not a problem.

18. RoEy

Wise Guy

I just don't understand why AMOLED displays are used then. It's a dud technology. I'm seriously thinking about cancelling my pre-order and going with the NX5 instead. Gutted.

19. kona786

Capodecina

Meh, OLED with negligible screen burn over cruddy LCD any day of the week.