**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Still pending... Although I managed to get those 2x Spigen cases for £lol, so at least I can be chuffed about something haha. They are not just under £6 each!

Capture_9.jpg

Meh, OLED with negligible screen burn over cruddy LCD any day of the week.

Not all LCD screens are cruddy, the Xperia screens are beautiful in day or night! Granted they're not OLED for blacks, but they still kick out rich dark black, as decent as IPS can get anyway :cool:

Associate
Meh, OLED with negligible screen burn over cruddy LCD any day of the week.

I would hardly say IPS LCD displays are cruddy. At least there is peace of mind too. The screen will have to be immense for me to keep my N6P. CPW will end up hating me if I do get screen burn because I will demand a replacement every single time.

Associate
Mine should be here too on wed or thur hopefully . (32gb black)
also anyone here coming from a nexus 6 worried about the screen being a bit narrow or is it just me !!

Associate
I still haven't got my order from CPW but seeing this, they are taking the absolute ****

I'm in the same situation as the guy who tweeted them.

XkXVRDz.jpg.png

Soldato
OP
https://youtu.be/Xc5fFvp8le4

Finally he has his review out.

Oh, still pending!

As expected, that was a glowing review from MKB.

1 day in and its pretty easy to say the Nexus 6P is not only a great phone, but the best smartphone out right now.

I agree. It would be my first choice if I were looking for a new phone. Well done Google.

I hope they absolutely nail it next year when I'm due an upgrade!

Caporegime
Camera is very impressive in low light, I thought the lack of ois would be a problem but nope!

bB6Oibnh.jpg

Remove the h before .jpg for full size version.

I really hope I can get use to the size of this by the weekend...

Soldato
How much longer does it feel compared to the nexus 5? I know you've said you're struggling with the length but its something that's sort of concerned me too. Does it feel significantly bigger in your pockets?

Soldato
I gotta say CPW are pretty terrible.

Ordered last Thursday and got pretty excited when people started getting dispatch emails, but no email arrived. Checked XDA and even people who ordered after me got dispatch emails so I called them this evening to be told new stock wasnt arriving until end of Nov even though they've already taken the money. Requested to cancel.

Didnt trust the person on the phone so went onto Live Chat, the guy said if I reordered there and sent him the new order number he could get it to the front the queue and I'd have it tomorrow....

Got a out of stock email a few hours later. Cheers CPW.

Soldato
How much longer does it feel compared to the nexus 5? I know you've said you're struggling with the length but its something that's sort of concerned me too. Does it feel significantly bigger in your pockets?

This should give you some idea: Nexus 5 vs Nexus 6P - Visual Phone Size Comparison.

I have to say that it doesn't feel odd in the pocket, which surprised me. I thought it would feel awkward, at least initially, but it hasn't really felt any different so far.

The real difference is the feel of the phone in the hand - I'm still finding it quite slippery and cumbersome (not due to the size), but I am getting used to it, but coming from a Nexus 5, which is probably the best feeling phone I've ever held, it's a huge change in 'gripiness'.

Caporegime

Unfortunately to me, it is noticeably longer especially for pocket use, I generally wear some hoody jackets from blue inc (medium size) and the phone sticks out by a good inch.

I have some other jackets were it fits fine although still not "ideal"

As gav said, for actual usage in one hand, it is slippery and cumbersome and as someone else posted earlier in the thread, it is tricky to pick up of a desk/flat hard surface.

I think a nice gel/hard case will make it a lot easier to use/hold though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah I agree - the rubbery plastic used for the nexus 5 is perfect and I'd take that over the so called premium metal/glass materials that seem to be fashionable now any day of the week.

Soldato
Unfortunately to me, it is noticeably longer especially for pocket use, I generally wear some hoody jackets from blue inc (medium size) and the phone sticks out by a good inch.

I have some other jackets were it fits fine although still not "ideal"

Ah, I'm sticking it in the front pockets of my jeans. I haven't tried skinny jeans yet (I very rarely wear them, but did try an iPhone 6 Plus in a pair before and it was OK).

I have carried an iPad Mini in in my jeans once... it was handy walking from the staff room when I was carrying a cuppa and another couple of things. :p

I've never liked carrying phones in tops. They're good at weighing the front down and there have been many toilet horror stories, so I decided it was better to lower my sperm count instead.

Caporegime
I never put my phone in my jean pockets as:

- when I put just my hands in my jeans, I can always feel bits of grid (don't ask me how :p)
- I feel like I am more likely to drop the phone taking it out or/and when putting it back in

I don't wear skinny jeans, just normal straight/bootcut.

And yeah I am paranoid about breaking/dropping this phone now! It is the most I have ever spent and the first time I have ever bought a top end phone on release day, all my other phones have usually been ex-mid range flagships + either been on 24 month contract or bought out right with a max cost of £300. If I keep it, I'm not taking it out of the house until I get a case and glass screen protector on it! :p

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I was paranoid about the Z3, but now it doesn't even have screen protectors :eek:

I find the more I an paranoid, the more likely I am to have something happen.

So now I just go bare and treat is like the IPX rated device it is, and it has no extra scratches or anything since :p

Is it wrong that I want to just keep the Z3 and return the 6P after a week of checking it out, if I don't end up totally liking it over the Z3?

Soldato
Finally some stock so ordered a 32gb in graphite.

Well excited as coming from an HTC M7 which has served me well but the camera is purple!

Not sure to put a glass protector on, I used to be anal and put a protector on all my phones but modern glass just doesn't scratch easily.

Only real reason would be to reduce damage after dropping it.

Back
Top Bottom