**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Soldato
Is it wrong that I want to just keep the Z3 and return the 6P after a week of checking it out, if I don't end up totally liking it over the Z3?

I think after you've installed FV-5 / manual camera and had a good play around the chance of you wanting to go back to the Z3 will be rather slim. Unless you're skint and need the dosh!

Soldato
A post over on reddit, guys have been getting emails from Google saying their 128gb orders are delayed till mid November. . Sorry can't link to it as it has swearing on the subject

USA orders

Man of Honour
I think after you've installed FV-5 / manual camera and had a good play around the chance of you wanting to go back to the Z3 will be rather slim. Unless you're skint and need the dosh!

Speaking of which, is that the best manual camera app then? I think you're right, once you have manual controls, there's no going back :D

Soldato
7-14 November really isn't that bad, I ordered day (one 64gb though) and my estimate is 5-9 nov. Would be very happy with a 7th November delivery and $25 credit as you might get in that case

Associate
Really not sure what to do with my CPW order. Tempted to cancel it and order from Google direct. Rather pay the £10 extra then deal with these idiots.

However if people are getting CPW orders, I might be premature with the cancellation.

Soldato
What day did you order and have you have any info from them?

If I'm honest I can't really fault them with mine. I didn't order until Sunday, even with it saying delivery would be the next day, I thought that unlikely but when they confirmed it would be Wednesday they have given £5 credit. Seems fair to me. I might have hoped for Tuesday, but Wednesday sounds about right.

It is a shame I'm working late though, probably can't pick it up until Thursday evening now :( (unless I'm very lucky and they get it before 11am)

Soldato
Speaking of which, is that the best manual camera app then? I think you're right, once you have manual controls, there's no going back :D

I'm not sure - I've only tried FV-5 on my nexus 5 and its pretty damn nice though glitchy at times. I'm sure in the hands of someone who fully understands the technical principles of photography its amazing

Associate
What day did you order and have you have any info from them?

If I'm honest I can't really fault them with mine. I didn't order until Sunday, even with it saying delivery would be the next day, I thought that unlikely but when they confirmed it would be Wednesday they have given £5 credit. Seems fair to me. I might have hoped for Tuesday, but Wednesday sounds about right.

It is a shame I'm working late though, probably can't pick it up until Thursday evening now :( (unless I'm very lucky and they get it before 11am)

I received the order confirmation and the pre-order warning saying they will let me know if it comes later then expected etc. Since then, nothing. I have had to contact them myself to find out whats going on numerous times. I have had their web chat support say 7-14 days, phone support say 30th Oct, website say 3rd Nov and their Twitter feed suggests that already have it in stock.

I ordered on the 21st (7 day ago) so knowing you ordered on the weekend and got compensation and got the phone, I'm really peeved off (Not at you obviously, at CPW).

I'm just hoping it gets delivered to store today so I can go collect. Else I'm going to strongly consider telling them to stick their order where the sun don't shine. If this is the experience now, god knows what it will be like when something goes wrong with the phone.

Soldato
Just checked my GPS delivery tracking and it says is loaded for delivery.

With a collect in store from CPW I get the impression they won't charge me unless I go and pick it up, right?

Think I might just leave that one to go back.

Associate
I was paranoid about the Z3, but now it doesn't even have screen protectors :eek:

I find the more I an paranoid, the more likely I am to have something happen.

So now I just go bare and treat is like the IPX rated device it is, and it has no extra scratches or anything since :p

Is it wrong that I want to just keep the Z3 and return the 6P after a week of checking it out, if I don't end up totally liking it over the Z3?

I just broke my Z3 :( dropped it last night on a tiled floor, a small crack on one corner of the screen and it killed the whole digitiser... I wish I had the same experience with the Z3, I've been disappointed with how quiet the speakers are and always thought the camera could have been punchier.

Any idea when the Nexus 6P 64GB is in-stock? Currently off the grid and itching to buy something haha

Soldato
Finally some stock so ordered a 32gb in graphite.

Well excited as coming from an HTC M7 which has served me well but the camera is purple!

Not sure to put a glass protector on, I used to be anal and put a protector on all my phones but modern glass just doesn't scratch easily.

Only real reason would be to reduce damage after dropping it.

Git! :D I got all excited, then noticed they've only got 32GB in stock :( My wallet says get the 32GB and save £50, but I don't think it will be enough.

Caporegime
Just curious, what phones are people coming from and is anyone else worried about the size?

Looking at the price of the 5x 32GB and it is a joke, it isn't worth that when you can get the 32GB 6p for not much more..... If I do go with the 5x, I'll just get it with 16GB at CPW @ £300, still too dear for what it is though.

EDIT:

A few more impressions:

- not keen on the placement or feel of the volume/power buttons, feel a bit lose and not as responsive as my nexus 5 buttons. When I pick the phone up, I keep turning the screen on
- phone has nearly slipped out of my hand twice when picking it up...
- finger print scanner is very good, it really is as quick as reviews make it out to be

Last edited:
Associate
I don't wear skinny jeans, just normal straight/bootcut.

And yeah I am paranoid about breaking/dropping this phone now! It is the most I have ever spent and the first time I have ever bought a top end phone on release day, all my other phones have usually been ex-mid range flagships + either been on 24 month contract or bought out right with a max cost of £300. If I keep it, I'm not taking it out of the house until I get a case and glass screen protector on it! :p

Did you not buy the Rugged £1.99 case?

Back
Top Bottom