**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Associate
Tell me how you get on as I also classify myself as as audiophile and I'm currently considering a few phones that don't have audio jacks, not sure whether to jump on board yet.

They seem OK for £18, not amazing, but you shouldn’t expect it for that price.

I did notice the sound seems to occasionally drop too. Overall, I’m not disappointed....

It’s good enough for using out and about, but I’m unsure about using them in lieu of a wired pair if maximum quality is required. I think if I were an audiophile and I was looking for a phone now, I’d cast my attention towards a Galaxy S9 now which has a headphone jack, Dolby Atmos, and a supposedly fairly good pair of headphones in the box.

Soldato
I've done a video of the Peel screen protector (link in sig) which I think is quite a good fit, but it has this slight mirrored effect which means I've taken it back off again...

Unfortunately, with the import costs that means I wouldn't recommend it.

Soldato
I've just been to a gig in Manchester, took some videos and I'm pretty happy with the result with them. Not sure if I'm missing something when people are saying the video quality is rubbish

Associate
About 2 weeks a go I took a screenshot I was presented with a different process to normal. I was able to draw, add text and crop the picture directly after taking it. It happened for 1 screenshot and after that it disappeared.
Did anyone else have this or know how to get it back please ?

Soldato
About 2 weeks a go I took a screenshot I was presented with a different process to normal. I was able to draw, add text and crop the picture directly after taking it. It happened for 1 screenshot and after that it disappeared.

Nope but that sounds good!

Soldato
It's a feature of Android P iirc.

Soldato
All of them are awful. I am a naked man. But surely if you just stick a case with a lip and don't have anything in your pocket with your phone you don't need a screen protector?

I did just that, and ended up with a lovely scratch on the screen, luckily it broke and i had to return it for a replacement.

Soldato
Definitely a problem with the port itself, The RMA I got from Google has started to develop the same problems again. I'm going to try one more RMA if that doesn't sort it then i'll be selling the damn thing.

So I had a reply from Google basically saying they aren't going to replace the device as it's a common issue with a lot of the devices & they have an engineer looking into it.

Very much a copout can't say I'm too happy with that answer. They did give me a code for £20 credit to my Google account though.

Soldato
I guess it depends what they do if their engineer finds a solution, but agreed it doesn't sound good at the moment.

The main problem I have is, the last security patch was meant to sort it out with audio routing but it hasn't made a bit of difference.

So I'm not holding too much hope on it being fixed.

Associate
The main problem I have is, the last security patch was meant to sort it out with audio routing but it hasn't made a bit of difference.

So I'm not holding too much hope on it being fixed.

Have you tried dongles from other places like HTC or Razer?

Anyone who has had an issue with the stock dongle hasn't had an issue with the above two.

Soldato
Have you tried dongles from other places like HTC or Razer?

Anyone who has had an issue with the stock dongle hasn't had an issue with the above two.

I haven't no, I don't really want to spend £20 on the Razer dongle if it still has issues afterwards, Would be worth a try though I guess.

I'm also a bit worried that the port isn't working correctly, I don't want the same issue _jimlad_ had earlier in the thread where his phone wouldn't charge correctly.

Soldato
HTC's is at least as good as Google's and only costs £9 from HTC directly. Sign up to HTC club which is free and you can get it for £6

Even better £6 is easier to swallow I'll give that a buy now.

Cheers for that :)

What is even better is it is black so it'll match my black phone that google supplied white cables with :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone have the problem with audio crackling from the speakers? I am finding it more and more irritating, it seems to do it just below halfway, best example is when I load Battle Bay it just crackles - not sure whether to RMA as a quick google shows it seems a common issue... (P2XL)

Back
Top Bottom