**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Associate
I'm about to pull the trigger and purchase a Pixel 2 XL.
It's the same price with cpw and on the Google store, is there any benefit from buying it from Google over cpw.
I'm a kind of impatient guy and always go for next day delivery, cpw do free next day delivery so was leaning towards them or would I get this with Google.

Warranty is a lot easier directly with Google I believe. I think they'll send you a replacement handset before they even receive yours whereas if you buy elsewhere, you have to wait for Google to receive your phone before they send a replacement.

Associate
Warranty is a lot easier directly with Google I believe. I think they'll send you a replacement handset before they even receive yours whereas if you buy elsewhere, you have to wait for Google to receive your phone before they send a replacement.

Thanks for the info, I think I'll be buying from Google then. I guess their delivery would be next day give the high value of the phone.

Soldato
That is true but it obviously requires them to charge your card temporarily.

My pixel 2 xl is currently with cpw for repair. Booked it in today. It won't be collected till Monday however (same if I used Google RMA as it's royal mail 48)

Soldato

Yep that is true. If same price or similar I would always buy from Google .mine was EE contract and yes you have to send yours in first If not purchased direct from Google.

Soldato
That is true but it obviously requires them to charge your card temporarily.

My pixel 2 xl is currently with cpw for repair. Booked it in today. It won't be collected till Monday however (same if I used Google RMA as it's royal mail 48)

Mate cancel that and send to Google you will get a brand new one a lot quicker

Associate
I think I'll take the plunge later and buy directly from Google, I've had enough of Samsung and fancy stock Android.
I'm considering buying the Google buds at the same time, I know they've got mixed reviews but surely they must be pretty decent.

Permabanned
OP
I think I'll take the plunge later and buy directly from Google, I've had enough of Samsung and fancy stock Android.
I'm considering buying the Google buds at the same time, I know they've got mixed reviews but surely they must be pretty decent.

When I bought the Panda (black and white) Pixel 2 XL direct from Google, I ordered the Panda Pixel Buds soon after and enjoy using them. I have also bought Pixel Buds for other family members who use them most days too.

And like with most Google products, there are constant efforts to improve the experience with OTA software updates:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/12/17108796/google-pixel-buds-customizable-gesture-controls-app

Soldato

(If you're not a regular, let me just say, Sesevans isn't exactly considered unbiased...)

Personally I would say have a look around. Although I've not tried Pixel Buds, I think there are likely some much better BT headphones for the money. I really like my Jabra Elite Sport for example. I got them Black Friday for less than the Pixel Buds. They're completely wireless, sound great and will also monitor my heart rate while training.

Associate
(If you're not a regular, let me just say, Sesevans isn't exactly considered unbiased...)

Personally I would say have a look around. Although I've not tried Pixel Buds, I think there are likely some much better BT headphones for the money. I really like my Jabra Elite Sport for example. I got them Black Friday for less than the Pixel Buds. They're completely wireless, sound great and will also monitor my heart rate while training.

I've recently tried the RHA MA750 and was very disappointing compared to my RHA T20 and T10's, I've also recently tried the B&O E8's and I wasn't impressed, not at £270 anyway. I'm thinking the Google Buds might be ok for work, I work in an office and sometimes you just want to zone out and listen to something rather than the chatter of those around you :D

Soldato
Will any USBC cable do for charging the P2 XL?
Need to get a couple and wondering if there's anything in particular I need to get/look out for?
Needs to meet the USB C standard in order to provide fast charging via PD.

Check out this dude, I believe he's an engineer at Google and reviews USB C based items to see if they meet the spec.

https://plus.google.com/collection/s0Inv

On his recommendation, I'd go with Amazon's own branded USB C cables.

Associate
Soldato
Associate
yeah, when I got this phone I decided to make sure I got some decent cables after all the stories.
I don't mind paying a little extra for piece of mind.
Saying that though, I only picked up these two (the cheaper ones lol):
6ft c2c cable to swap/extend the stock charging cable
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-PowerLine-Probably-Certified-Matebook/dp/B071WNXY1R/
3ft usb 3.1 to c cable for file transfers/rooting etc.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-PowerLine-USB-IF-Certified-MacBook/dp/B07213D35X/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom