**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Associate
I have been very impressed with the battery on my Pixel 2XL. Brightness set to 45%
Really nice not to have to charge the phone each night like my old Nexus 5.
Another big thing for me anyway was been able to use Google Maps Navigation without having to plug the phone in. I only use it for an hour at a time but that was enough to kill my old phone.

KoDdjwa.png

edit* holy picture size batman :O sorry

Associate
Oh well that's it, order placed with Google store, just got to wait till 10/11 April for delivery. Was so so tempted to buy the panda but ended up with the black.
Rather than a Spigen case (as I always get) I might get a de-brand skin this time, I can always go panda using one of these.

Soldato
Oh well that's it, order placed with Google store, just got to wait till 10/11 April for delivery. Was so so tempted to buy the panda but ended up with the black.
Rather than a Spigen case (as I always get) I might get a de-brand skin this time, I can always go panda using one of these.
Nice one mate

Do you use screen protectors? If so, just go straight to the Whitestone dome, it's £39.99 but really good and better than the rest.

Associate
Nice one mate

Do you use screen protectors? If so, just go straight to the Whitestone dome, it's £39.99 but really good and better than the rest.

Thanks, I've got a Whitestone on my Samsung S8 and have to say I've been very pleased with it. I've already looked at the Whitestone for the XL, what's that notch at the top all about?

Soldato
what's the loophole?

Buy the Pixel 2 XL on a 12 month contract, phone is bought Sim free for £529 from CPW, it arrives with a 12 month Sim Only contract on O2

you call O2 direct cancel the contract which they do with no issues

Quidco tracks @ £50 and gets paid as they don't know you have cancelled the Sim

essentially its 2 separate deals here

the receipt from CPW also states Sim Free. Only downside is this needed a credit check for the contract part.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/go...m-cancellation-carphone-warehouse-529-2909261

Last edited:
Associate
Buy the Pixel 2 XL on a 12 month contract, phone is bought Sim free for £529 from CPW, it arrives with a 12 month Sim Only contract on O2

you call O2 direct cancel the contract which they do with no issues

Quidco tracks @ £50 and gets paid as they don't know you have cancelled the Sim

essentially its 2 separate deals here

the receipt from CPW also states Sim Free. Only downside is this needed a credit check for the contract part.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/go...m-cancellation-carphone-warehouse-529-2909261

thanks for that I will keep my eye out!

Soldato
My few months old 2xl is draining it's battery like mad. I'm on 64% with 40 mins screen on, unplugged at 7am. Nothing in the apps that looks to be using it. Ridiculous. Used to be so much better when I got it.

Soldato
My few months old 2xl is draining it's battery like mad. I'm on 64% with 40 mins screen on, unplugged at 7am. Nothing in the apps that looks to be using it. Ridiculous. Used to be so much better when I got it.
I'm on 67% with 1hr 33m SOT so far today.

Maybe it's a particular app that's killing your battery? Weak 3G/4G signal while using mobile data also kills battery really quickly.

Associate
So what are you guys' experience with the burn in on the screen? I just called into CPW to see a pixel 2XL, I really like the phone, and the OS and camera are brilliant I really want one, but I did notice a huge burnt in G in the middle of the screen probably from the demo but I was just wondering if you all have seen anything like that?

Associate
Parcel arrived this afternoon, can't wait to get home to play with the new toy. As long as everything is OK I'm thinking of a de brand skin rather than a case for a change. Anyone had any luck with them, do they stay put when their on?

Associate
So what are you guys' experience with the burn in on the screen? I just called into CPW to see a pixel 2XL, I really like the phone, and the OS and camera are brilliant I really want one, but I did notice a huge burnt in G in the middle of the screen probably from the demo but I was just wondering if you all have seen anything like that?
I have a baby monitor app on my Pixel2XL. It's on for 6 hours a night and I have no burn at all. It's a video stream from an old phone in her room, we can see her whole cot and the only thing that moves is her lol :D
When I close the app or change to look at something else there is nothing on the screen at all.

Back
Top Bottom