**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Associate
Mine is a 2xl aswell.
Mine too on my 2XL - first few days it seemed okay but it's definitely worse; having to put it on charge before I go to bed now, never needed to do that pre-update.
My battery is worse after the update.

I said this elsewhere and got told that I just like to complain and their battery life actually improved. But nope, it is definitely worse. It used to comfortably be an all day phone but now I find myself topping up throughout the day like I have when I’ve been on a short break this weekend.

Associate
quick question.
Since updating to Android 10, is everyone still disabling Digital Wellbeing?

[edit] I feel like my battery is slightly worse after the update too. I think I have less left at the end of the day

Associate
quick question.
Since updating to Android 10, is everyone still disabling Digital Wellbeing?

[edit] I feel like my battery is slightly worse after the update too. I think I have less left at the end of the day

I upgraded mine where I had turned it off, and it still appears to be off so it might be a red herring as mine is worse regardless.

Associate
Mine stayed disabled after the update also - battery life is definitely worse for me now, which is a shame as I was looking to go SIM only and keep the phone for another ~12 months.

Soldato
I said this elsewhere and got told that I just like to complain and their battery life actually improved. But nope, it is definitely worse. It used to comfortably be an all day phone but now I find myself topping up throughout the day like I have when I’ve been on a short break this weekend.
I'm with you. My phone is connected by usb all day while I'm at work so I don't notice so much in the week. The days I'm not in the office or the Weekends it comes off charge in the morning until the evening. Every time I've had to top up during the day.

Associate
Mine stayed disabled after the update also - battery life is definitely worse for me now, which is a shame as I was looking to go SIM only and keep the phone for another ~12 months.

Although mine is worse, I reckon there’s a good chance it would still be usable for another 12 months if its at a similar level to mine. That said I am quite likely to upgrade at the end of November (Black Friday).

Associate
Well my 2xl looks like it's nearly ready to give up the ghost. It's dropped the network for no reason multiple times over the last few days, it froze for about 30s earlier today while I was typing and finally it did a weird partial reboot just now - it looked like a normal reboot but it lasted just a few seconds, but that was enough to lose what I was doing at the time. Most of the issues seem to have arisen or got worse with android 10.

This will certainly be my last pixel phone. Pile of rubbish it's been.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
October OTA's out, change log.

• A-138482990 Connectivity Wi-Fi stability improvements Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL
    A-139096431 Pixel Stand Fix for missing notifications in Pixel Stand mode Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL
  • A-140632869 Sensors Sensor calibration improvements Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL
  • A-140111727 System System stability improvements Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL
  • A-138323667 UI Fix for memory drain in UI Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL
  • A-138775282 UI Fix for missing heads-up notifications Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL
  • A-138881088 UI Gesture navigation stability improvements Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL
  • A-140197723 UI Fix for bootloop in certain device locale modes Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL
https://source.android.com/security/bulletin/pixel/2019-10-01

Associate
So... given that I'm finding most of the newest phones underwhelming, but also that I've had a boat load of issues with my 2 XL which nobody else seems to get apparently, I'm just wondering where I stand with the warranty...

I am thinking of RMA'ing the device to see if I can get a new one from Google, its just under 2 years old, but I bought it on contract via Mobiles - has anyone had any luck getting a replacement from Google under similar conditions? If I could get the device replaced I think I might actually hang on to it for another year.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
I've replaced mine twice, I bought mine outright from CPW, though I did that in the first year. My colleague just last week had an issue, he bought his not long after release. Jumped on chat and they replaced it. His phone was a little tatty too.

Neither of us bought via Google.

Associate
I've replaced mine twice, I bought mine outright from CPW, though I did that in the first year. My colleague just last week had an issue, he bought his not long after release. Jumped on chat and they replaced it. His phone was a little tatty too.

Neither of us bought via Google.

Excellent, thanks for that... I think I will give it a go... I've got nothing to lose either way really.

Associate
Google have agreed to swap the device so I should have another one in 1-2 weeks.

I’m not falling in love with anything at the minute so if I could have one that actually worked with minimal problems then I would be happy to hang onto it for another year; but if I do fancy something else, at least I’ve got a new/refurb model that might be worth a little extra.

Associate
Google have agreed to swap the device so I should have another one in 1-2 weeks.

I’m not falling in love with anything at the minute so if I could have one that actually worked with minimal problems then I would be happy to hang onto it for another year; but if I do fancy something else, at least I’ve got a new/refurb model that might be worth a little extra.

Nice one, thought warranty on these was only a year?

Associate
Well my replacement 2XL is supposed to land tomorrow. I think that is pretty excellent service if so, 7 days from the moment I reported it, to having it shipped back to me via Poland. Let's see if the replacement is any better than this one was. If it's as good as some others claim theirs was, I could be happy to keep it for one more year, but I wont build my hopes up! :)

Associate
Got the phone back today, minus a charger but thats my fault for being a complete idiot and not reading the email properly. Not a good start... lets hope this phone is better than my last. Good service really.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom