**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Associate
Sheesh, you have got to be the unluckiest Pixel owner ever :(
I've owned mine for over 20 months now and the only thing really bugging me is the degrading battery

Yeah I know. Pretty gutted. I was always a "wannabe" Pixel fanboy :p but it's clear that feeling is not reciprocal. :( Oh well, onwards and upwards.

Soldato
I also just had mine "refreshed" by Google as the one I'd had for 18 months had terrible speakers - they were literally rattling on anything above 50% making speaker phone unbearable and watching anything without earphones totally out of the question.

The refurb they sent me back was practically brand new - happy with that. Hoping I'll be keeping this now for at least another year.

Associate
My refurb has already died. Power button intermittently fails and it went haywire last night launching apps on its own. Shame as it also looked brand new but suspecting they’ve just cleaned it up and replaced battery and sent me a faulty one again.

I’m done with pixels. :(

Associate
My refurb has already died. Power button intermittently fails and it went haywire last night launching apps on its own. Shame as it also looked brand new but suspecting they’ve just cleaned it up and replaced battery and sent me a faulty one again.

I’m done with pixels. :(
I cannot believe how much bad luck you have had with your pixel.
I'm on the other side where my 2XL is still going strong to the point where I'm probably just going to keep it for another year and skip the Pixel 4.

Associate
Another week, another attempt at RMA.

Last chance for this phone.

If it wasn't for the fact 2019's line ups are, shall we say, underwhelming, it'd be gone by now, but I have a minuscule amount of hope it might be 3rd time lucky... probably not though, but worth a try.

Associate
So it’s in its way back and I should have it tomorrow. Sadly I can’t find it in myself to be excited as I’m just expecting another fault.

Watch this space!

One thing I can’t fault is their customer service, unless that is they’re wilfully sending faulty devices back out...

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I'm looking at getting the screen replaced on my 2XL as I dropped it. Google are asking £200! Surely its cheaper than that somewhere else? Failing that, I guess its not worth doing as its only really worth that if I sell it.

Associate
Probably not even worth 200 quid, last time I looked some well known company was offering barely over 100 quid. Personally I wouldn’t pay anything like 200 quid for one of these either, I would just go and buy a much younger 3a for not much less.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Yeah, that's what I thought. I've seen a couple go on the bay for about £200ish.

Might just run it into the ground or keep it as a backup.

Not even sure I'll get much from the recycling sites...

Associate
Yeah, if and it’s a big IF, this 2XL comes back and is OK, then I may hang on to mine too, dependent on black friday deals, but I’m just not feeling it for Android phones in 2019 as much as I would have liked.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I'm actually using the Pixel 3 that I bought for my other half's birthday at the mo. Smaller battery aside I really like it. Enjoying the smaller form factor, but the battery is noticeably worse that the 2XL.

Associate
I had originally hoped the standard 4 would be better than it is for battery life otherwise I would definitely have gone for it. While it’s not the end of the world, I don’t think battery anxiety is really acceptable coming into 2020!

Back
Top Bottom