**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Associate
Latest update is available OTA (63.20MB)

This update has really improved my battery the past few days! Full charge lasts about and actual screen usage has improved considerably. Most of this year it has been limping home at night so will monitor it the next week to see if it stays better than before.

The camera still seems to stand up. Got sent some S10+ photos and comparing to the Pixel it is still no match for colour, sharpness and even the fake bokeh in a lot of scenarios.

I skipped the P3, 3a and 4 so hopefully the battery remains good until the 5 comes out.

Soldato
I was just thinking my battery has taken a dive lately.
It seems to have started locking up too. I think I'll consider an upgrade this year, start of next.

Associate
I was just thinking my battery has taken a dive lately.
It seems to have started locking up too. I think I'll consider an upgrade this year, start of next.

Mine has been awful since Jan's update and hardly went a day but since June update it has improved. Not sure for how long though. Had the P2 since launch and not hard urge to change apart form better battery so hope the regular 5 gets a bigger battery and last longer than a day. Most of the snaps on P2 still look good as printed a recent album and amazed at print quality from it.

Soldato
Mine has been awful since Jan's update and hardly went a day but since June update it has improved. Not sure for how long though. Had the P2 since launch and not hard urge to change apart form better battery so hope the regular 5 gets a bigger battery and last longer than a day. Most of the snaps on P2 still look good as printed a recent album and amazed at print quality from it.

Yeah that's the same as myself. Been more than happy with my phone since release.
I'll maybe just run it until it succumbs.

Associate
Mine proudly proclaims that "Regular updates have ended for this device" at the 5 October update.

The phone itself is still fine.

Half of me (heart) wants a new toy though, but the other half (head) says current phone works fine and I still don't see a truly compelling replacement.

If someone held a gun to my head I'd go S20 FE 5G, with the Pixel 5 just behind it. Although I like the P5, I must say the feature set of the S20 sets it apart with the drawback of the software not being quite as polished.

Associate
I think the whole idea of the pixel camera being class leading is outdated now. I watched a blind test where the pixel got quite a kicking in the results and finished last.

https://youtu.be/3We-n0kpi24

Also I watched one recently where the zenphone beat the pixel in a round up.

https://youtu.be/kbeEkwlTeqQ

I think even the S20 FE beats it now

The pixel probably more accurately has a good camera *for a midrange device

Associate
Well I got my last security update this morning despite the phone telling me in the settings there would be no more. I guess it means it now!

My touchscreen seems to be just starting to glitch out again now. A couple of times it's done some random gesture when I hadn't actually actioned it and I've been left with my home screen stuck half way up, keyboards stuck on my screen that won't go away. It's only about once a day but it looks like my hand is going to be forced.

Just dunno what I'd get to replace it. The 2xl has been one of my favourite, yet ironically one of the most unreliable phones I've ever owned. I'm on my third and now this one is glitching so I don't exactly have huge confidence in Google's phones now.

Associate
Latest update seems to have helped with the battery. Getting less drain today for same usage.

Got an issue with incoming calls though. It never pops up and is hidden behind notifications or doesn't show up unless for vibration or loud so know to swipe down and find dialer notification.

Still figuring out what to replace it with though! The 5 or iPhone Mini is current choices due to wanting small form factor.

Back
Top Bottom