1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by sesevans, 18 Apr 2018.

1. TheOracle

Capodecina

Had a good play this morning in PCW switching between the regular 3 and 3XL. Definately made my mind up....3XL

Haptic feedback is better, speakers are better, screen is better (not just res and size, but the calibration or general temperature of the panel is better), battery will be better at idle although I would assume the smaller one would be better at SOT. Sat side by side the 3XL has definately won me over.

Putting on the live wallpaper of the moutain side with birds flying over, the XL is a step up. I'd say a big step up actually. Smaller one is too warm and saturated, even when both phones have the same profile.

I did do a few tests to see how much extra screen real estate you get between the two, never seen this mentioned by any reviewers.....

Basically, on the notification panels the 3XL gives you an extra 3 characters width ways, and on the settings menu you see an extra option and 1/4 of a second one.

Like mentioned above by another poster, the smaller one takes a definate design cue from last years 2XL which is NOT a good thing. The corners are too rounded and has a similar recessed look about it. The XL has really improved in this area.

It's a beast, especially when sat in a case....but I can live with it (dom jolly)

Last edited: 4 Nov 2018
  2. TheOracle

Capodecina

It's not even a quick double tap either, doing it slowly will also switch apps over.

3. Quinnaay

Soldato

Just removed my ultimate shield and installed the cubevit tempered glass off Amazon was like 2 for £7 bargain and it's been so much better touch response and no rainbow effect with a very nice fit in my Spigen rugged armour

4. TheOracle

Capodecina

Thanks for the heads up. I was looking at those two today. Will get the cubevit.

5. funguST

Hitman

I ordered the cubevit last night. Should be here today at some point :)

6. TheOracle

Capodecina

Yep, got mine ordered as well.....just need the phone now lol

7. Flanders

Hitman

Looks like CPW won't have the White 64Gb Non-XL until the end of the month. Google's estimate of delivery currently says 7-8 Nov, anyone have any experience with how accurate that is likely to be?

8. Scottland

Capodecina

I've seen the 12th in a few places, so 7-8 for Google might be right.

9. TheOracle

Capodecina

Stock is very low for the white XL

10. xb8browney

Soldato

Yeah 23rd from cpw

11. xb8browney

Soldato

Only 14 left in cpw

12. TheOracle

Capodecina

Shocking :eek:

13. GMac11

Wise Guy

This.
    I have to think that a lot of manufacturers are mis-reading the market (and I don't mean the notch lol). I haven't seen many (if any) people on these forums actually wanting a curved display. I certainly prefer a flat screen and this is one reason I couldn't get on with the Note 9 and have pre-ordered a 6T. Curved screen's had their day and for me the novelty has worn off. Weren't the curved displays brought in as a way to seemingly "shrink" the bezels? So now that bezels have generally shrunk anyway what is the point anymore? I detest the Mate 20 Pro, it is much too curved for me. Flat screens are much better and I'd guess cheaper to manufacture. It just seems like innovation for innovation's sake.

14. Rimsy

Mobster

Would love to hear your thoughts between the two devices (since you're lucky enough to have both!). With all the screen issues around the mate 20pro and seriously considering cancelling my order and changing to the 3xl.

15. xb8browney

Soldato

Thought we would get an update today.

16. Earth[Tera].bin

Wise Guy

Minor quibble, but the fact the bottom nav bar doesn't disappear when using Chrome/Kiwi browser is a pain.

17. Atari

Mobster

Random banner in the Play Store giving £2 free credit when I looked just now. Said it was for Pixel 3 owners so might be across the board.

18. Teledude

Mobster

Hopefully my dBrand skin should turn up this week - loving the P3 (non-xl) so far :)

19. AndyCr15

Capodecina

Yeah, I have it too, but you have to buy an app or game for more than £2 to claim it. Can't think of anything I want... aside maybe Filmic Pro, but that's like £11+

20. Muska

Wise Guy

Motorsport manager 3 is what I bought with mine, can recommend it.