**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Associate
I'm wondering if an iphone with google apps is the way forward?

Can't set Chrome, Maps, Gmail as default. Google Photo's doesn't backup properly :(

Yep, I’ve had the same thoughts as you @TheOracle but as @Scottland says, it’s not a great experience.

I’ve got an iPad Pro, and until recently, the photos app would almost always fail to sync my photos from my phone so if I wanted to show someone something I’d end up using the web app or just passing my phone. As also said, it wont back up your photos in the background.

I dont find Google maps quite as good to use.

Google Play Music is flawed on both platforms, but the search is at least 50% broken on iOS, and I’m sure it doesn’t handle gapless as well as the Pixel. It’s also extremely slow and laggy.

Then there’s the default apps issue. And none of them are as fluid as Apples own apps.

I came to the conclusion that if I dumped my Pixel for an iPhone, I would end up moving over to Apple’s ecosystem, which works really well but is a bit of a walled garden with all the problems and issues that presents.

Soldato
I'm still waiting for my P3 which is due by the end of next week, I think it will be delivered the week after however. My bare case was lost in the post, a replacement has shipped today and hopefully it will arrive before the phone does.

Back
Top Bottom