**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Soldato
Isn't that just the start though with bigger discounts on the way next week?

Hard to tell because it doesn't look like the UK offers mirror what they get in the states. If we had the equivalent of $150 discount on the Pixel 3, $200 discount on the Pixel 3 XL then I'd be much more tempted but the £40 so far isn't exactly world-changing :(

Soldato
Hard to tell because it doesn't look like the UK offers mirror what they get in the states. If we had the equivalent of $150 discount on the Pixel 3, $200 discount on the Pixel 3 XL then I'd be much more tempted but the £40 so far isn't exactly world-changing :(

They more than make up for it in the amount of tax we get though....oh hang on

Associate
Only noticed I have a small sliver speck under the Camera Lens. Don't think it effect's photos at the moment but worried about in the long term.

Got in touch with Google Support and they told me to get in touch with Three because they can only offer me a service where I would be without a phone for maybe 10 days. Anyone experience with exchanging devices with Three? I have reached out to them on twitter.

207pzx2.jpg

Soldato
Only noticed I have a small sliver speck under the Camera Lens. Don't think it effect's photos at the moment but worried about in the long term.

Got in touch with Google Support and they told me to get in touch with Three because they can only offer me a service where I would be without a phone for maybe 10 days. Anyone experience with exchanging devices with Three? I have reached out to them on twitter.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/Fuv2CZL"><a href="//imgur.com/Fuv2CZL"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I got my pixel 2 from cpw, I've sent my phone back to Google 3 times & each time was at most a 5 day wait.

Soldato
Just selected to return my 3 XL. This is the bit I wanted to know about -

Original delivery and handling costs and fees for phone damage or missing components will be deducted from your refund

So that's fine and fair, depending how it's calculated I guess. I would hope it wouldn't be any more than £100 deducted for a small mark (Speakers seem okay now after more scrubbing, thanks for that tip). Sounds easy enough, I can just call UPS to come and collect it from me with the shipping info they've sent stuck to it.

Part of me wonders if I should keep it as my main, it's a beautiful device with a great camera and stock Android... but I love the Mate 20 Pro and it's 3 lenses, even if the software is 'janky'.

Soldato
But i love the Mate 20 Pro and it's 3 lenses, even if the software is 'janky'.
I know what you mean. Have a love hate relationship with mine... It's an amazing bit of hardware let down by slightly annoying software but I'm getting used to its quirks!
Have had an opportunity to play around with my colleagues regular pixel 3 and I'm about 60% in favour of the mate 20 over it.

Soldato
Part of me wonders if I should keep it as my main, it's a beautiful device with a great camera and stock Android... but I love the Mate 20 Pro and it's 3 lenses, even if the software is 'janky'.

Just return it regardless and buy another if the deals are right next week :)

Soldato
Just selected to return my 3 XL. This is the bit I wanted to know about -

So that's fine and fair, depending how it's calculated I guess. I would hope it wouldn't be any more than £100 deducted for a small mark (Speakers seem okay now after more scrubbing, thanks for that tip). Sounds easy enough, I can just call UPS to come and collect it from me with the shipping info they've sent stuck to it.

Keep it dude. It's awesome and will get better with updates no doubt, I have loved using it this last week, not had any issues or see any of the concerns people have mentioned, if you can live with the notch then it's brilliant device

Soldato
Got mine yesterday (XL), some initial thoughts.

Feels much bigger than my S8 despite being not that much bigger when you put the 2 together. The screen seems way bigger, and better. I think some of that is due to display not being curved.

Been playing on and off with Nacho Noch. Works well, but somehow makes the display seem smaller - even though there's no content going into the 'ears' at the top, it does make it feel like the display is larger.

Not a massive fan of the new navbar/gestures. The gestures are ok, but seems a waste to have the navbar always visible and again goes to make the display seem smaller - I might have to play around with some of the other gesture navigation options.

Mobster
Soldato
They need to decide what they want to do. If they want to go full-on gestures they need to remove the back button, which breaks up the experience.

The worst is the one you use to get recent apps, it is so poorly designed as you use the same swipe to open the app drawer.

Honestly, they should just copy Apple's gestures, they're the best.

Back
Top Bottom