**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Soldato
One of the many reasons I went with the 6T in the end was the use of proper gestures that allows full use of the screen. The stock method on the Pixel is half baked between buttons and gestures, it's neither one thing nor the other.

Associate
Hard to tell because it doesn't look like the UK offers mirror what they get in the states. If we had the equivalent of $150 discount on the Pixel 3, $200 discount on the Pixel 3 XL then I'd be much more tempted but the £40 so far isn't exactly world-changing :(

Wouldn't such large discounts ultimately be counter productive? No point buying within the first month if you can count on such a big discount.

Soldato
hahaha good old Vodafone. Despite them telling me twice that my order had been cancelled, just had a text from DPD saying it's out for delivery

I better check with them then, they told me mine was cancelled so they'd better not send it now I have one with EE already :p

Still enjoying mine, black matrix from dBrand gives it a hint of panda :p

aL6BUk8l.jpg

Soldato
One of the many reasons I went with the 6T in the end was the use of proper gestures that allows full use of the screen. The stock method on the Pixel is half baked between buttons and gestures, it's neither one thing nor the other.

Have to agree, even Xiaomi get this right on Miui 10 ( on Mix 3 ) . There's need for having the grey bar at the bottom, just poor design choices.

Soldato
Not yet no, haven't seen any decent ones. My wife has tried a few on here regular 3 and they're a bit naff. Will see if any decent ones pop up, I never had one on my S8 so I'm not too fussed about going naked.

I ordered the cubit and it's rubbish, I know even without fitting it. They only put glue on the black edges and has a dot matrix style covering. Unsurprinsgly the fake 5 star reviews have been replaced by 2/3 star ones lol

There is a japanese one (forget the name now) which is supposed to be great. That said, I think I'm going to risk it.

found it, "Premium Japanese Asahi Glass by GPEL" they don't make one for the pixel 3 though

Soldato
Yeah all the screen protectors with the black surround don't adhere one the screen, but they're the only type I'd try probably as I think they look much more subtle than the ones that are just glass as they stick out a mile (IMO).

Associate
Yeah all the screen protectors with the black surround don't adhere one the screen, but they're the only type I'd try probably as I think they look much more subtle than the ones that are just glass as they stick out a mile (IMO).
I tried the cubevit, terrible just lifted off screen.
I went for a LK liquid skin in the end that's a plastic wet apply affair.
A lot better, but really lacks the smooth touch that now has a rubbery feel.
However no life, no rainbow effect some self healing so minor surface scratches disappear

Last edited:
Soldato
I tried the cubevit, terrible just lifted off screen.
I went for a LK liquid skin in the end that's a plastic wet apply affair.
A lot better, but really backs the smooth touch that now has a rubbery feel.
However no life, no rainbow effect some self healing so minor surface scratches disappear

My issue with the wet application is that dust travels in the air. When you spray, you will almost certainly catch dust (maybe even just one spec) trapping it under the screen protector.

Really wish manufacturers would do a oneplus and fit them at the factory. They have dust free rooms, rather than a bathroom with the shower going for 10mins lol

Associate
My issue with the wet application is that dust travels in the air. When you spray, you will almost certainly catch dust (maybe even just one spec) trapping it under the screen protector.

Really wish manufacturers would do a oneplus and fit them at the factory. They have dust free rooms, rather than a bathroom with the shower going for 10mins lol
Totally dust free under mine, I've always encountered the same with plastic covers.
Maybe I just got lucky ?

Back
Top Bottom