**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Soldato
Good luck with that. I would work from home tomorrow Andy. They would not let me collect a parcel the same day it was out for delivery

You're actually a star, thanks. You've made me remember what happened with the 2 XL. The exact same scenario, they text me, gave me the option to deliver different day or collect and I was left waiting at their depot, literally while their guy was trying to deliver to me at home (Ring video doorbell) I said I would wait for the driver to come back. They let him come back and then go home... with the van... with my phone inside. Then someone tells me they HAVE to make one delivery attempt. Why give me the option on your site then!!!

One of their guys on Twitter tells me they're sorting it to be held for collection. We'll see what they say.

Tbh, there's no rush as I need to get... I'm still using the Mate 20 Pro at the moment. (I also have Red Dead 2 to play ;) )

Soldato
@AndyCr15
What are your thoughts on the 2XL/Note 9/Mate 20 Pro? Would love to see you do a comparison between those 3 as well as the 3XL ;)
Have you any desire to get or try the 6T?

I'll likely do a Note 9, Mate 20 Pro or 3 XL. I wouldn't bundle the 2 XL in to that, it would be a little out of place.

Right now, I really don't know which way I'll go. I do miss somethings from the Note 9, but the M20Pro camera is amazing.

Soldato
I'll likely do a Note 9, Mate 20 Pro or 3 XL. I wouldn't bundle the 2 XL in to that, it would be a little out of place.

Right now, I really don't know which way I'll go. I do miss somethings from the Note 9, but the M20Pro camera is amazing.
I will keep an eye out for that!
Yes I see what you mean. Do you see them all as worthy upgrades from the 2XL is maybe what I was getting at?

Soldato
I hate those kind of questions (in a nice way ;) ) as worth of a phone is different to each person. To me, I would say each one is... cause I'm that guy (which probably quite a few of us here will also be)... but to many it probably wouldn't be.

Soldato
Ha very true. I'll stick with the 2XL for a little while longer anyway. My worry is I believe there will be a lot of innovation in mobiles in the next 6-12 months and I'm not sure I want to shell out big bucks for something now. I'm never normally one to get caught up in the whole 'wait for this or that' behaviour, if we all did that we'd buy nothing! But I do think there's a big leap in hardware due and I can't pull the trigger right now. That being said I could still end up owning 2 phones in that period :D

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Decided to retire the 6P and dropped an order for a 3XL with Vodafone with a free Google Home Hub which I'll sell on. With Spotify and NHS discount, it makes it somewhat worth it over my £17 sim only. That said, so much more than the 6P cost me but it's got a cracked screen and is almost 3 years old now. Also ordered a Spigen thin case but doesn't look like the current available screen protectors are worth it yet so will be careful.

Should be with me tomorrow despite only ordering thisavo :)

Soldato
Decided to retire the 6P and dropped an order for a 3XL with Vodafone with a free Google Home Hub which I'll sell on. With Spotify and NHS discount, it makes it somewhat worth it over my £17 sim only. That said, so much more than the 6P cost me but it's got a cracked screen and is almost 3 years old now. Also ordered a Spigen thin case but doesn't look like the current available screen protectors are worth it yet so will be careful.

Should be with me tomorrow despite only ordering thisavo :)

a few of us on here did the vodafone deal. Works out much cheaper :)
Did you do it through chat or in the shop? I ordered via chat a couple of weeks ago and got an email saying they are all out of stock

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Did you do it through chat or in the shop? I ordered via chat a couple of weeks ago and got an email saying they are all out of stock

Online chat yesterday. It's apparently out for delivery however I did opt for the black which seemed to have stock shown on the website vs the white.

Associate
I will keep an eye out for that!
Yes I see what you mean. Do you see them all as worthy upgrades from the 2XL is maybe what I was getting at?

I have no interest in the Pixel 3xl.

But as I have both the Note 9 & Mate 20 Pro, I can say IMHO both are big upgrades on the XL2.

Both show up just how pants the screen is on the XL2.

Timely updates are great but having to put up with a poor screen just for timely updates...nah.

I have to say both the Note 9 & the 20 Pro are fantastic. Which one one has the edge.....Camera on the 20 Pro is better but everything else the Note 9 has it.

Soldato

I ordered the same deal (white), and haven't had anything to say not in stock or delayed - but been through to chat who said it's delayed 24-28 hours...

My wife's not pink 3 is coming today :rolleyes:

Soldato
I ordered the same deal (white), and haven't had anything to say not in stock or delayed - but been through to chat who said it's delayed 24-28 hours...

My wife's not pink 3 is coming today :rolleyes:

Not too long to wait, I'm not back in the UK till Sat anyway

I'm wondering about forgoing a screen protector and using a nice sleeve when it's in my pocket. Seen a nice one for an iphone 8 plus which is slightly bigger than the 3XL so hopefully will fit in with a case on.

Soldato
My 3XL 128GB in White didn't ship yesterday from MPD. Gave them a call yesterday evening and apparently the delivery didn't show up, fingers crossed it'll arrive tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom